- Album of the Week
- Label Watch: Ostgut Ton
- Norman Records Guide to the Best Techno
- Pre-order: Popcorn Lung - A Polytechnic Youth Collection
Useful festive links:
As you may have heard elsewhere, tomorrow is Black Friday. We wish you good luck with your Christmas shopping, and hope you don't land yourself inside for trampling over a granny to get at a new telly. You might be interested in the modest range of exclusive Black Friday wares we are selling for this special day, which you can view here (and buy tomorrow). Otherwise, it’s business as usual here at the Towers. No queues. No fighting. No post-purchase regret.
- Two new things on Polytechnic Youth from Cearley and Dwinnell and Adderall Canyonley.
- Jacco Gardner was inspired by the first science fiction novel on synthesized wordless thing.
- Soundtrack to popular animated thing that I know nothing about Rick and Morty.
- Art Brut are back and.. yes... they want to rock like it’s 2005.
- Northerner soundtracks that time you get back from holiday and have to go back into the office in a bleak industrial estate and you put your head in your hands and cry.
- Hippo Campus are so laid back even their water goes up the tap.
- We joked but It has almost happened. Durand Jones is readying his collaboration with Federico Durand as Durand Durand.
- Great The Go Betweens film which you can now view from the comfort of your home cinema.
- Massive box set of all the times Bong got stoned at Roadburn.
- Really surprisingly beautiful album of neo-classical stuff from Ed Harcourt. LIYL: Max Richter Nils Frahm.
- Welsh shoegazers/dream pop sorts Perfect Body / Zac White share a record, half each.
- Hey Colossus post-/psych-/hard-rockers live LP.
- Oddball electronic pop from Same Waves (members of L’ Altra).
- Oh800 character build with some Franz Ferdinand meets Talking Heads funk pop.
All else New In that has arrived so far.
- Scary post-punk goths Bauhaus get on the re-issue tip.
- Quick! Get The Breeders ‘Safari’ on vinyl before it runs out.
- Marvellous Songs Ohia album expanded into a rather delicious looking box.
- Get the trumpets out, Calexico’s The Black Light is 20 years of age.
- Re-issues from Slovenian lot Laibach.
- Soul Jazz comp of 60s and 70s African American avant-garde in Soul of a Nation.
Check out our release schedule timeline where we also miss stuff out off a list.
Ant’s Electronic Round Up
Discount code: Davenoyze
- Meticulously crafted, astonishing album from Vessel - exploding with emotion - starbursts of euphoria combine with somber chamber music.
- NYZ’s algorithmic/generative music finally on wax. Freaky dittes and an epic drone work from the noyzelab out on The Death of Rave. 300 copies on orange vinyl.
- Alessandro Cortini & Lawrence English world champion fuzzy ambient tag team.
- Peder Mannerfelt humorous investigations into rave’s effects on domestic living.
- Eric Copeland remixed by NHK yx Koyxen, Machine Woman, Physical Therapy etc.
- Icy detroit schooled electro from Djedjotronic on CPU.
- Shelley Parker surprise drop on Hessle Audio incl. Ploy on remix duty.
- Unique soundworld from Oren Ambarchi, Jim O'Rourke & U-zhaan on Editions Mego.
- Adderall Canyonly and Cearley & Dwinell synth-wave type gear double drop on Polytechnic Youth.
- Oneohtrix Point Never 4-track 12" EP on Warp incl. Ryuichi Sakamoto rework!
- Free Love FKA Happy Meals - means you don’t get a free toy but they do make joyous, inventive party synth pop.
- Fine techno DJ tools from our namesake Norman Nodge on Ostgut Ton.
- Portland's Best Available Technology lands on 12th Isle with some lush future/past sounds encased in ace sleeve art.
- Planet Battagon make Droid Jazz!
- DMX Krew gonna funk you up.
- Charles Ditto 'Cyberdelic Ambient and Nootropic Soundscapes (1987-1994)' retrospective.
- Faten Kanaan's synthesizers conjure Medieval scenes in oldskool video games.
- Antigone return to Belgium’s Token label with some introspective ambient techno.
- EP from Demian Licht & Eomac of Lakker. 100 copies only on red transparent wax.
- Cool dark wave/new age synth-pop mutants from Samantha Glass on Holodeck.
- Scion 'Arrange & Process Basic Channel Tracks' CD back in print. No home should be without a copy.
- Heavy beats and droning soundscapes from ex-Zoviet France, ethno-dark ambient master Rapoon.
- Proper gnarly action from Nick Klein on BANK Records NYC.
- Fresh batch of CDs on Room40 from Merzbow, Erik Griswold, Akio Suzuki & Aki Onda, Tomasz Bednarczyk, Lionel Marchetti + Cat Hope (Performed by Decibel).
- +++ Albums from Richard Neale on Rain Bear Records, Axel Rigaud on n5MD, Utopia Cloak on Film, Ensemble Economique on Denovali, Vester Koza on Houndstooth +++
As small as our low, low prices.
HINT: Please get yourself on the site on Monday - we may have something for you.
Words: Clint, Ant.
Work: Jamie, Benn, Kim, Nathon, Keith, Daoud, Phil and I’ve Got A(n) (Ian) Love(ly) Bunch of Coconuts.
Customer Compliment of the Week: “It were reet gradely”. We have no idea either, but read even more impressive compliments in our Feefo reviews.