- Album of the Week. An absolute racket.
- 30+ Top Pre-orders for your delectation…
- Your Month End Bargains - 10% off the lot!
We are in the unusual position of having a happy Phil this week. We can’t work out what it is that’s caused this malfunction, but his mouth actually upturned into a smile. Both weird and slightly disturbing. Perhaps it’s Halloween, Bonfire Night or that cake thing on telly? Don’t forget that should you need any of these exciting events soundtracked we are here to supply the relevant wax.
We’ve got all sorts below…let’s light the blue touchpaper and go.
- Screech, screech, rattle, rattle, it’s Leeds noise people Guttersnipe.
- David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti reconvene as Thought Gang. Steel coloured vinyl if quick.
- Jon Spencer BLUES EXPLOSION! No. No Blues Explosion.
- Put a Wrench in it…..audiobooks are perhaps the first ever grandad/grandaughter pop duo.
- Not enough OCS/Thee Oh Sees/Oh Sees records for you? Try a live one.
- Who would have guessed that Dirty Three would collaborate with Marianne Faithfull?
- Hollering dynamic dulcimer duo Dead Can Dance.
- Vinyl for Kode 9 & Burial arrived.
- Bill Ryder Jones is Liverpool’s most tired person.
- Always welcome round here... Ian William Craig with his sound environments etc.
- Instead of getting new band members, the Liars guy just clones himself.
- Big Lad makes Lightning Bolt style racket out of Newcastle.
- Molly Nillson haunted by the late Prince, Courtney Love and Lou Reed. Who isn’t?
- Yoko Ono. She’s 85 you know?
- At last - that Pip Blom 10”. The best Pip since….. the ones in Gladys Knight and the Pips.
- Malcolm Middleton has gone bananas.
- Alfie Templeman. Careful ladies, he’s only 15.
- Rattle have got themselves on double drums.
- Funk-pop-rock-afro conglomerate Orchestra Of Spheres.
- Part Time. Helping you save money on the China Crisis B sides collection.
- When your real name is Pedrum Siadatian why call your band PAINT?
- This record is by Flatworms. The ‘worms it’s still ok to like.
All else New In that has arrived so far…
- Loads of OMD re-issues of their classic era albums. You know, the good ones.
- Ace psych jammers Causa Sui re-issue their best.
- Couple of nice Bruce Springsteen re-issues for Daoud’s enjoyment...and yours? .
- Thurston Moore with an album made before people read Kim Gordon’s autobiography.
- Merzbow & Genesis P Orridge re-release a self describing LP.
- The time Coil / Zos Kia / Marc Almond did a 20+ minute piece in a gallery.
- Zeni Geva & Steve Albini. Shellac main bastard hooks up with KK Null’s noise rockers.
- Marvellous, marvellous Benoit Pioulard ambient work re-branded.
- Classic noise rock from Unwound re-issued again
- Another re-issue from death and country blues stalwart Loren Connors.
- Absolutely no Catherine Wheel in this week.
- BACK IN! Jason Williamson book. Stocking filler.
- BACK IN! EIAFUAWN - Birds In The Ground. One of our favourite albums..well...ever.
Check out our release schedule timeline where we also miss stuff out off a list.
Ant’s Electronic Round Up:
David Wrench’s schoolyard pal.
- Demdike Stare mashin’ up jungle, garage etc. into freaky new shapes.
- First-time vinyl edition of Michel Banabila's 1999 album ‘VoizNoiz’. Edition of 234 copies. Includes a fine new extended remix.
- Exael LP of gleaming futuristic ambient on Huerco S’s West Mineral Ltd. label.
- The Radiophonic Workshop dust off their clobber once again for the Possum OST.
- Mica Levi and Eliza McCarthy ivory tinklers on Slip.
- Mr. Fingers 'Cerebral Hemispheres' remix 12”s incl. Joey Anderson, Kode 9, Upsammy, Aleksi Perälä, Call Super and Duplex.
- Bendik Giske remixed by Total Freedom, Lotic, Rezzett and Deathprod.
- Spectral electronic pop from Beacon on Ghostly.
- DJ Joe Lewis 'Love of My Own' reissue on Clone Classic Cuts. Eternal Chicago house diamond from naughty producer.
- Richard Devine A+ student.
- Coupla Whities Blue Series 12"s with bangers from BFTT / Upsammy and E-Talking / Laksa.
- Bauri back on B12’s FireScope label with a green & black splatter vinyl 12" EP.
- Le Syndicat Electronique 2LP retrospective compilation on Mannequin.
- Black Dice goofball Eric Copeland back on DFA for some mayhem.
- Psychedelic hypnotizers from Harmonious Thelonious.
- Young Marco's Safe Trip label release a special, limited edition Welcome To Paradise bonus disc with two Italian Dream House tunes.
- Kelly Moran lands on Warp for an album traversing light and dark.
- Blawan’s ‘Nutrition’ doublepack re-pressed. That ‘993’ track is boss.
- Ronseal compilations; Midday Moon, Ambient and Experimental Recordings from Australia & New Zealand 1980 - 1995 from upside down land, and Sowas Von Egal: German Synth Wave Underground 1980-1985.
We tell you in no uncertain terms how to buy music.
- From Ruth White to Aphex Twin: our guide to the best electronic music
- From Ennio Morricone to John Carpenter: our guide to the Best Soundtrack Composers
- From Fargo to Bob’s Burgers: our guide to the Best TV Soundtracks
- From Doom to Minecraft: our guide to the Best Video Game Soundtracks
- From Coil to Muslimgauze: our guide to the best experimental music
- From Big Black to Radiohead: our guide to the best Indie Rock
- From Orange Juice to Broadcast: our guide to the best Indie Pop
- From Talk Talk to Swans: our guide to the best Post-Rock
- From Can to Hookworms: our guide to the best Psychedelic Rock
- From Black Sabbath to Pig Destroyer: our guide to essential Metal
- From Neil Young to Ryley Walker: our guide to the best singer-songwriters
- From Jaws to Star Wars: Genre-Defining Soundtracks
- From Psycho to Reservoir Dogs: Decade-Defining Soundtracks
Money Saving Stuff:
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price! Try us.
- Free Shipping! UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints save you money! Sign up for an account and start saving.
Words: Clint, Ant.
Work: Jamie, Benn, Kim, Nathon, Keith, Daoud, Phil and (Ian) Love Is Like A Butterfly.
Customer Compliment of the Week:
“I always receive full satisfaction…”
Read this and even better compliments in our Feefo reviews.