Update Featuring BEAK, The Field, The Declining Winter, Felt, Johann Johannsson.
Another big week full of quality items such as a new record by Prince, the next batch of Felt re-issues, a wonderful the Durutti Column retrospective, and Johann Johannsson’s final work.
- New one from Hood affiliates the Declining Winter with SIGNED postcards if you are quick.
- BEAK> want to go to bed early as well.
- 50 hand selected Pre-orders to soundtrack the leaves tumbling.
- Read our piece on the very exciting upcoming Studio Ghibli re-issues.
Two good weeks in a row? Whatever next? After last week's behemoth of good records (Low, Aphex Twin, The Goon Sax, etc.) we have another good one up our sleeves. Some fine, fine music for you to enjoy…you just need to buy it first. Go on, give a record a home.
- David Bowie may have passed away but we still have Suede, right?
- You can get the Christine and the Queens album in English or French.
- Human dressing up box Gazelle Twin gets twisted and mangled.
- A re-press for slow techno churners Deepchord that *should* be here this week.
- Techno loopers The Field make some music to comfort you.
- The late Johann Johannsson’s final film score for horror flick ‘Mandy’. Nothing to do with Barry Manilow.
- James Holden + Maalem Houssam Guinia. Not James Corden, as one confused customer thought.
- Sharron Kraus + Belbury Poly. Limited 7” on Ghost Box - in at last.
- Leeds' latest great indie hopes Mush.
- Helter-skelter industrial racket from Amnesia Scanner.
- Sh1t & Shine's new 12” on Diagonal. Not many, so be quick.
- All those 1983-era Prince demo recordings unleashed.
- The return of ol’ wobble voice...Villagers. Special limited edition too, with bonus 12”.
- Eighth Mull Historical Society this time over-produced by Bernard Butler.
- Former Coil and Psychic TV sort Drew McDowall.
- Beautifully packaged second batch of Felt re-issues in stock now.
- Superb new The Durutti Column retrospective. Start here if you haven’t already.
- The Ramones are on the same road as Norman Records.
- Placebo - the Belgian jazz fusion band, not the tiny little goths.
- Susumu Yokota’s 1994 classic Acid Mt.Fuji revamped.
Check out our release schedule timeline where we also miss stuff off a list.
We think these genre guides settle things once and for all.
- From Orange Juice to Broadcast: our guide to the best Indie Pop
- From Talk Talk to Swans: our guide to the best Post-Rock
- From Can to Hookworms: our guide to the best Psychedelic Rock
- From Black Sabbath to Pig Destroyer: our guide to essential Metal
- From Neil Young to Ryley Walker: our guide to the best singer-songwriters
- From Jaws to Star Wars: Genre-Defining Soundtracks
- From Psycho to Reservoir Dogs: Decade-Defining Soundtracks
- All our recent restocks.
- We're confident we can match almost any vinyl price. Try us.
- Indies-only vinyl. All the stuff only available to nice independent retailers like us.
There we go, that was nice. See you Thursday.
Team Norman x
Choose how often you want to hear from us by going here: