BREAKING: New Sleaford Mods
First up, just in case you haven't yet noticed we've made some more changes to the site:
- a rejigged Artist Explorer to help find you new things for your jaded ears
- a 'Save For Later' function that works alongside your cart and wishlist
- check out our new, wildly-inaccurate Preorder Release Schedule
- and for everyone with time to burn, our new Reviews Wizard lets you explore the rubbish, sorry, the 28,965 incisive reviews we’ve written over the years.
See? We don’t just sit here wasting away. Especially when there are exciting records like those below to tell you about. Let’s look to see what we *think* should be coming in this week.
- Retro synth nostalgia from Twelve Hour Foundation. For fans of early Ghost Box.
- Haunting and windswept Scottish singer Kathryn Joseph.
- Daft minimal synth from Mitra Mitra on Polytechnic Youth.
- Expert DJ Helena Hauff unleashes more futuristic electro.
- Emeralds guitar whizzkid Steve Hauschildt.
- Disturbing sleeve art and metallic acid from Broken English Club.
- Tail end of chillwave straggler Vinyl Williams.
- Evergreen rockers James.
- Catchy folky guy Michael Nau.
- Broadcast soundalikes number 44567553 Gulp.
- Daniel Bachman. No Turner. No Overdrive.
- More ambient bliss from never stopping quiets Celer.
- Richard Youngs ‘Arrow’ is in stock on lovely, lush vinyl in handmade sleeve.
- Lambchop repress their ‘What Another Man Spills’ a couple of decades on.
- Faust’s first self titled album gets the clear vinyl treatment.
- Goof balls Ween get ‘The Pod’ revamped.
- Definitely in stock this week Aphex Twin ‘Selected Ambient Works ‘85-92’
- More copies of the much sought after David Sylvian & Holger Czukay re-issue.
- Swans 1996 era ‘Soundtracks for the Blind’ gets re-diddled.
- Tindersticks ‘Curtains’ is croon-sad.
- Trippy soundtracks from Sonic Boom’s Spectrum.
- Oh lord. Ian’s happy. We have a load of Genesis re-issues coming in. Some Gabriel, some COLLINS.
- ‘72 era electro acoustics from Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza expert Roland Kayn.
- Peel Sessions, live stuff and long improvisations from This Heat made available.
- Re-press of live album from wandering boy poet Jeff Buckley.
CHEAP: Deutsche Grammophon: Loads of CDs by Max Richter and Johann Johannsson now £6.99 each.
CHEAP(er): Sub Pop: A bunch of Sub Pop titles including ‘Loser’ editions at lower prices.
CHEAP: 'Process' by Sampha: Vinyl now £12.99.
- Everything New In so far this week.
- All our recent Re-stocks.
- We're confident we can match almost any vinyl price. Try us.
- Indies-only vinyl. All the stuff only available to nice independent retailers like us.
Phil is back by the way from his once in a lifetime holiday so we’ll all see you again on Thursday but watch out for some other special emails coming at you this week.
Team Norman x
Choose how often you want to hear from us by going here: