- Album of the Week. Good for crying.
- More copies in of last week’s Album of the Week by Laurel Halo.
- Phil’s not here.
- Portishead are. And they are cheap. Twice.
It’s No Parents Week at Norman Towers! Not a Phil in sight, nor a Nathon, who’s busy looking after his real babies! Party at ours; don’t spill wine on our carpet. Just kidding. We don’t have any carpets.
Minus boss and plus sun, we’re having a very nice time and hope you are too. Please either buy a record from us or take a day off ‘cos you deserve it. Those are your only options, though.
- Cult Party go everywhere with nylon strings.
- Tony Molina releases his latest 10-minute behemoth.
- Remember post-rock? Talons do.
- Remember witch house? White Ring doth.
- Phantastic Ferniture is Julia Jacklin’s new pun outlet.
- Speedy Wunderground is a wee three years old! Bless.
- The Internet is the band all the music students think they’re in.
- Israel Nash serves up Neil Young wail and Bon Iver coo.
- Bellini are Idlewild plus Preoccupations equals… wait, what?
- Interesting fact: Astronauts, Etc. is short for Astronauts, Etcetera.
- Innumerable Forms are for the death purists.
- Deaf Wish stumble around the punk.
- When will psych rock leave me alone? Lumerians won’t.
- Swarvy soothes and grooves with these jazz fusion vignettes.
- My Autumn Empire make a dream pop wonder. Probably sad.
- Say hello to Cornwall’s avant-garde: it’s Hanterhir, baby.
- Matchess heals us with dreams. Thanks pal.
- Zu93 is the stunning new portmanteau from Current 93 and Zu.
- Tomorrow Syndicate make some cosmic balm.
- Negative Scanner get right up in your sinus.
- Warp Transmission… psych… rock… and so forth.
The bloody Flaming Lips
- This Tohru Aizawa Quartet set is a forgotten opus by a bunch of uni boys.
- Can we call this Wild Nothing record an indie classic yet?
- Woah-hoh. These Lips are on fiiiiiire!
- dEUS rEISSUE tHEIR mUCH lOVED lP.
- Richard Hell was kinda like the baby boomer Julian Casablancas.
- Get that vinyl money, Migos!
- Bona Dish were from the legendary Hertfordshire scene.
- Here’s the Monument Valley II soundtrack. Great game; thank god we were all on our phones, hey?
- Couple of Masayoshi Fujita reissues for the twinkletoes amongst you.
- Fuschia get a double darned LP reissue with DVD. “The works”, as we call it.
- A load more A Certain Ratio classics vinyl’d.
- Oh please come away with ESG.
- Here’s voice-of-an-ashtray lot The Psychedelic Furs. Love that sax!
Cuter than videos of baby animals.
- White Ring just love it when we talk about them.
- O’Seis look like young grumps. 1966 style.
- Edition of 200 for this LARK nugget, as dubbed up by Andrew Weatherall.
- Jamie Lenman is friends with Frank Turner. Are you?
Ant’s Electronic Round-Up
All he needs is Kompakt and Calpol.
- Magnificent import from Jim O'Rourke. A stellar, time-dissolving ambient work. Highly recommended!
- Roland Kayn’s incredible Cybernetic Music masterpiece ‘Simultan’ reissued on Die Schachtel in a 3LP box. Edition of 400 copies - a thing of beauty. Ships next week.
- Music From Memory unearth '80s ambient works from Suso Saiz's Orquesta De Las Nubes.
- Bleeping electro-techno smasher debut EP from Lårry on Uncertainty Principle.
- When not taking fashion tips from Noel Edmonds, Ross From Friends keeps dance music in the family.
- Oneohtrix Point Never annexes his ‘Age Of’ album with 3 new trax.
- Stunning cinematic goth ambient disc on Opal Tapes from Domiziano Maselli.
- Vibrant synth ‘n’ computer music from L.A composer R. Girardin on Palto Flats.
- Alessandro Cortini in dark synth pop mode as SONOIO on Dais.
- Nurse With Wound's 1982 classic ‘Homotopy To Marie’ reissued in a deluxe metallic gatefold sleeve.
- Bone rattling EP of ‘floor burners from Randomer on Dekmantel.
- The Conservatives LP on Viewlexx aka The Parallax Corporation aka I-f and Intergalactic Gary!
- Bear Bones, Lay Low and Don't DJ split one in half. Limited 12” in hand-printed sleeve with obi strip.
- Kano’s obscure 1986 minimal synth/drone/new-age tape ‘Runes’ vinylized.
- +++ Palta & Ti EP on 12th Isle, Khotin 2LP on Pacific Rhythm, Matt Whitehead re-press on Super Rhythm Trax, LT on Rhythm Section, Shelter LP on Growing Bin +++
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price! Try us.
- Free Shipping! UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints save you money! Sign up for an account and start saving.
- Cheap CDs on Dirter inc. Andrew Liles, Nurse With Wound, Cut Hands.
- Have some reduced Lost Tribe Sound titles.
Gotta go bye!
Words: Robin, Clint and Ant.
Work: Kim, Jamie, Robin, Benn, Daoud, Nathon, and Mr. Shine On.
Hapless substitute teacher: Clint.
Customer Compliment of the Week: “It's like buying records from John Inman, Charles Hawtrey and Mrs Slocombe”.
Carry on being served by us and read our Feefo reviews.