- 50+ of the Best Pre-orders for the Summer.
- Tape Sale! Up to 60% off those weird cassette things people keep buying.
By the looks of recent social media gripes there are loads of you out there who hate football so there’s no excuse not to buy some music while it’s quiet. Beat the queues, go home and listen to a record that won’t put you through hell before scoring a stoppage time goal.
Here’s everything we are expecting this week…..
- More Australian goodness this time from Stella Donnelly who we advise once again not to eat worms.
- A decade on from his last one the wordsmith’s wordsmith MC Paul Barman drops a new one.
- Don’t like football? The Kamasi Washington album will last the entirety of the World Cup. Guaranteed.
- Wake up dudes, finally the vinyl edition of the Sleep LP.
- Belgian techno lords Soulwax bleeping and blooping on Radio 1.
- Princess Nokia reclaims punk from fat white blokes.
- More competent funk from Jungle.
- Immersive electronics from Simon Scott and Marcus Fisher.
- Big hair from Radiohead Jonny Greenwood does another soundtrack.
- Eternally busy anti folk people The Wave Pictures.
- Synthwave and bleep ‘n’ bass from Brainwaltzera.
- Spook music from Disappears' Brian Case.
- Shapeshifter Strategy goes all dub on our ass.
- Nine Inch Nails complete their own trilogy. First track? Shit Mirror.
- A bunch of Wire re-issues in we think.
- Hard now to think of Garbage without that cornflakes anecdote coming to mind.
- New Carl Stone retrospective ….plus free tote bag!
- The world’s most beautiful man and er David Sylvian.… David Sylvian and Holger Czukay.
- Spacemen 3. Literally the first thing they ever recorded. They’ll not remember.
- Peter Brötzmann Octet
- Robert Fripp celebrates his 32nd wedding anniversary to Toyah with a re-issue of King Crimson’s Discipline’ (ooph!).
- Ian William Craig gets elongated.
That’s what we think will happen. Join us on Thursday where we’ll have Rio Ferdinand on the sofa to discuss what really happened.
Choose how often you want to hear from us by going here: