- Album of the Week.
- Loads of Sarah Records things re-issued.
- Pre-order the Carl Stone re-issue and get a really nice bonus tote bag!
So anyway if anyone out there wants to buy some records then we have some. All kinds of colours and styles, different sizes, mostly round though. Read below and we’ll take you on a journey through the best bits. Oh and by the way…. hello.
Frank Lampard Jr
- First of many this year from psych legends The Brian Jonestown Massacre.
- Natalie Prass. Hot off the Prasses. Please Prass the ‘add to cart’ button right now.
- Warmduscher. London, basically.
- Neko Case. I know her brother Justin (ha! Dad joke).
- Lump. The music is good but that big fluffy thing is even better.
- Father John Misty. Has he not gone away yet?
- Adam Stafford makes a wondrous album of Steve Reich/Moondog influenced compositions.
- The Saxophones win both worst band name and worst sleeve art of the week.
- Mazzy Star. I mean...can they actually get any more sultry?
- Joan of Arc. When Tim Kinsella retires from all musical projects will we have world peace?
- Juliana Daugherty. Her name almost contains the word ‘daughter’.
- Oren Ambarchi, Kassel Jaeger, Marcus Rashford collab on humourous noise whirrs with some lightning fast finishing.
- Torrid but tangible metallers Wayfarer.
- Ails. My God they are noisy and screamy.
- Richard Edwards isn’t the Manic Street Preachers one. Instead it’s a sad singer songwriter with an awful stomach complaint.
- Like Phil Jamie Isaac can’t sleep. Unlike Phil he makes sophisticated jazz speckled songs in the small hours.
- Sam Evian. Inventive singer songwriter in lucrative water tie up.
- “We have Karen Meat here in ze Buildink!”
- The Love Birds sound like the Byrds with all their arms tied together.,
- Blues Lawyer are actually quite a lot better than Blues Hammer.
- Juliana Hatfield is the only person this week to do an entire album of Olivia Newton John songs.
Frank Lampard Sr.
- Ellen Arkbro revamps her organ and brass music.
- A foot in both camps this week for Juliana Hatfield as ‘Hey Babe’ gets a re-issue.
- Piano hammerer Charlemagne Palestine.
- Flaming Lips from the days before they resembled Noel Edmonds in a hamster ball.
- All those the Breeders vinyl re-issues in one place.
Ant’s Electronic Round-up:
Now touring as DJ Half Term.
- The Oneohtrix Point Never album on Warp made our Jamie’s head explode with joy.
- Safe Trip serve up Welcome To Paradise (Italian Dream House 90-94) Vol. III feat. loads of rare tunes from Leo Anibaldi, Optik, Golem, Cosmic Galaxy, Deep Blue, Don Carlos, Neurostate etc.
- Limited edition self-released CD + DVD set from Christina Vantzou incl. Koen Holtkamp, Loscil, Ben Vida, Dustin O'Halloran, Robert Lippok, ISAN etc. remixes.
- Lush handcrafted and remastered reissue of sought after Move D 1995 classic Kunststoff.
- Archival D'Arcangelo EP on Suction - an imaginary sequel to the '96 debut EP on Rephlex.
- Second volume in Music From Memory’s Kuniyuki Takahashi retrospective.
- Séance Centre reissue Joanne Forman 1987 extra terrestrial ambient odyssey.
- Alek Lee takes his ‘Sfarot’ formula into eerie dubby territory.
- Dark breakbeat hardcore and electro cuts from Minimal Violence on Technicolour.
- Ace, sleazy weirdo house/techno from Person Of Interest on LIES.
- Psychedelic Bear Bones, Lay Low melters on No ‘Label’.
- Hyper modern abstract ‘tronix from VORONOI incl. Jesse Osborne-Lanthier re-work.
- Icy techno on Northern Electronics from Anthony Linell fka Abdulla Rashim.
- Superb revision and update of classic jungle template from Sully.
- In Aeternam Vale juggernauts from the vaults.
- Fathoms deep techno from Le Officine Di Efesto (Donato Dozzy & Retina.it) on Spazio Disponibile.
- Modeselektion Vol. 04 2CD or four 12" EPs featuring Modeselektor Peder Mannerfelt, Lory D, Lone, FJAAK, Claude Speeed, Rødhåd , Brainwaltzera, Actress, Skee Mask + loads more.
- Stupendous, miserable, misanthropic, dark downer pop from Ora Iso on Downwards.
- Lisbon flavoured Batida hip shakers from DJ Lilocox on Príncipe.
- Wicked, mangled jungle badness from Sophia Loizou on Cosmo Rhythmatic.
- Mind bending tape of chaotic synthetic sound from Daniel Katinsky on Conditional.
- Adorable extreme noise 4CD wooden box set from Atrax Morgue on Urashima.
- Expanded edition of the 2012 debut album from 1991 on No More Dreams.
- Bill Laswell's City of Light reissue on Infinite Fog feat. Coil and Tetsu Inoue.
- HD digital ambient from Tourist Kid on Melody As Truth.
- Batu’s brand of broken UK techno lands him on XL Recordings.
- Personal fave D.I.E. trax remastered 12"s on Clone West Coast Series.
- That Cru Servers belter on 12th Isle has been re-pressed!!!!
- Leon Vynehall’s in demand Music For The Uninvited 2LP re-pressed on 3024.
- Twelve inches from; Clay Wilson on The Bunker New York, Mark Forshaw on I Love Acid, Lord Tusk on MIC, Stereofuse reissue on Phonica, Alma Construct on Power Vacuum, Chevron on Shipwrec, Buttechno on Zodiac 44, Peder Mannerfelt on Lazy Tapes.
- Albums from; Carlos Giffoni on iDEAL, Meyers on Shelter Press, Betonkust & Palmbomen II on Dekmantel, Eleventeen Eston on Growing Bin, The Eternal Chord on Touch, Sorcerer on Be With Records, Sami Baha on Plane
Jack now has complete and utter control over this format.
- The VW Golf guy and his Dinosaur Jr pals.
- Shoegaze duo No Joy.
- And the man himself releasing the only listenable moment on his recent LP mess.
- All this week’s Restocks and Warehouse Finds.
- Loads of Staff Reviews from our minions.
- CHEAP! Krayon Records and Vibracathedral Orchestra 10”.
- Further Cheap things! UPDATED!
Words: Clint and Ant. Work: Kim, Jamie, Benn, Robin, Daoud, Phil, the flower man and Ian.
Customer Compliment of the Week: “I wanted to die...”
Here are our Feefo reviews. On the whole, they are ok.
An octopus is a plant.