We bring you the first Weekly Update not written in sub-zero temperatures as our new heaters start to take charge. Who knew that you could just buy a heater and it would heat the room up? Next up we’ll get working internet.
Here’s all this week’s stuff and the big hitters are starting to squeak out.
Music for 2018…..
- Tuneyards move into different areas of danceability yet steadfastly retain their capitalisation.
- Harmony-drenched Americana enthusiasts First Aid Kit.
- Starcrawler. Their mum knows Ryan Adams y’know?
- Half Japanese prove it’s still ok to art rock post-bus pass.
- Seminal indie no-hopers The Television Personalities get an unreleased one made real.
- Are The Go Team Superorganism's mums and dads.
- Dublin’s most crumpled songwriter Glen Hansard.
- Belle and Sebastian release part 2 of that thing everyone will have forgotten about by the time part 3 rolls around.
- Avant indie post-punkers Shopping get danceable.
- The Shins ‘reverse’ their latest album for no particular reason.
- Moon Duo cover Alan Vega and the Stooges.
- Nasal funsters They Might Be Giants with ‘I Like Fun’. Next up: ‘Soup Is Nice’.
- Solo kosmische from Papir’s Nickley Sorensen.
- Gothic punk and electronics from Circuit Breaker.
- Porches collabs with Alex G, Dev Hynes and...yup... his very own father.
- Drum and lute combo Xylouris White.
- Very late in arriving Bonny Doon’s Silver Jews - ish songcraft is worth the wait.
- Pretty Lightning do 60’s psych rock and a bit of blues.
Music from 1981 onwards…..
- Gary Numan made ‘Dance’ when he was between hair.
- Loads of Hot Snakes re-issues. You won’t believe what they did next!
- We’d rather Fleetwood Mac than jack.
- Lovely record of guitar spindling from Marisa Anderson.
- Smelly grindcore legends Napalm Death.
- Happy Meals. They didn’t just make the music, they made the records.
- Take kraut, kosmische and add in a soupcon of VW Camper Van and you get Australian Testing Labs.
Ant’s Electronic Round-up:
Twitch the curtains Roger, there’s dark techno pumping out of the end of the cul-de-sac.
- Superb GRM style electroacoustic album from Lumisokea’s Koenraad Ecker.
- Fever Ray / Roll The Dice producer Peder Mannerfelt renders his vision of abstracted techno with a 6-track EP on his own imprint.
- Ace disaffected, pessimistic, paranoid gloom tape from Sue Zuki of LAPS and Organs Of Love.
- Leslie Winer & Jay Glass Dubs mash it up on Bokeh Versions.
- Cinematic inspired electronica from Hanz on Tri Angle.
- Laraaji ‘Vision Songs Vol. 1’ new age ambient tranquilizers from 1984 reissued.
- Otim Alpha’s ‘Gulu City Anthems’ party bangers make their way onto vinyl for the first time via Nyege Nyege Tapes.
- Archivist & Fugal slammer on BleeD incl. Acronym remix.
- Latin house grooves and broken beat cuts from K15 on Eglo.
- Serendip Lab compile a bunch of R.S. Pearson’s 80s recordings.
- Lauer / The Golden Filter split one in half.
- Second volume of Rutger Zuydervelt’s (Machinefabriek) ‘Astroneer’ video game soundtrack.
- IVVVO explores depression, social anxiety and fear on ‘Prince Of Grunge’.
- Synth module company Make Noise’s label drop a clear vinyl 12” from Los Angeles artist Bana Haffar.
- The Caretaker's 'Everywhere At The End Of Time' Stage 2 re-pressed.
- Metro Area 15th Anniversary remastered 3LP back in stock.
Let us help you with your poverty….
- UPDATED! A bunch of recent overstocks with money off.
- CHEAP! Captured Tracks titles
- Here’s all this week’s restocks
Latest Weather Mishap: Robin’s crisps blew away.
That's your lot.
- Update: Thursday 4th January 2018,
- Update: Thursday 11th January 2018,
- Update: Thursday 18th January 2018,
- Update: Thursday 25th January 2018,
- Update: Thursday 1st February 2018,
- Update: Thursday 8th February 2018,
- Update: Thursday 15th February 2018,
- Update: Thursday 22nd February 2018,
- Update: Thursday 1st March 2018,
- Update: Thursday 8th March 2018,
- Best & Worst: March 2018,
- Update: Tuesday 3rd April 2018,
- Update: Thursday 5th April 2018,
- Update: Tuesday 10th April 2018,
- Update: Thursday 12th April 2018,
- Update: Tuesday 17th April 2018,
- Update: Thursday 19th April 2018