- Album of the Week. Has to be.
- Best new thing of the week.
- A new Best Pre-orders batch to browse at over t’weekend.
- 50% off the last scrag ends of RSD titles.
Records eh? Who wants some? We have loads for sale, any shape as long as they are round. All kinds of colours...black… everything, Whatever you want. Buy now and we’ll ship in time for the long weekend (UK people). Also we are being really nice this week so everything is super, all is wonderful ….apart from Snow Patrol.
- Jenny Hval gets all jazz on our asses. Robin is off ‘sick’. Coincidence?
- The Messthetics are what happens when you take some Fugazi members and add a jazz guy.
- Snow Patrol redefine the word dull. Dull as a brush.
- Agnes Obel gets to choose some Late Night Tales. Beware: she may not get the party started.
- Kamaal Williams makes lovely jazzy stuff. No skronk.
- Chvrches. I don’t know what to say other than they have a ‘v’ instead of a ‘u’.
- Tracyanne & Danny. Camera Obscura lady collabs with a bloke called Danny.
- Wooden Shjps get more relaxed despite flicking the ‘v’s.
- Dulcimer battering folksters Memory Drawings drop a small mini one.
- The Left Outsides are married and make sweet music together. Cute.
- Post punkers Nexda made their drums themselves.
- Hardcore sorts Vitamin X regain the thrash.
- Sweatson Klank has the best name ever. We all want to be called Sweatson Klank.
- Fonda 500 return in order to completely disregard genres.
- Halo Maud makes delicious dream pop all the way from France.
- Deeper are your next post Women guitar squeakers. They even have a song called ‘Pavement’.
- Remember Sports used to be called Sports but now you are invited to remember them.
- Wand also do a mini album thing. People love mini albums this week.
- Jo Passed are like 10CC having digested the last 20 years of indie rock.
- E are the post hardcore supergroup you wouldn’t want to google.
- Limb expand from sludge doom into synths and kraut. How dare they?
A past gone mad….
- Bark Psychosis’ brilliant 2004 album ‘Codename: Dustsucker’ gets an essential re-issue.
- When A Certain Ratio start to get a bit lost.
- Superb post punk re-issue from NZ’s Nocturnal Projections (Peter & Grame Jeffries/This Kind of Punishment etc).
- The Heads release ‘Rkt’. I thought it meant ‘Racket’ but it means ‘Rocket’.
- Posh re-issue of another burst of The Fall chaos.
- Blouse are not Chris Morris’s Pulp parody.
- Funk madness from The Stretchmarks (Blue Orchids/Nico band members)
- Emotional Response continue their quest to release music by anyone who has ever breathed with this Robert Storey thing.
- Orch-pop masterpiece from Jeremy Enigk re-done on Sub-pop
- Julie Doiron gets her lyrical wonders re-done.
Ant’s Electronic Round-up:
Opal tapes ...or opal fruits?
- Fine album of transcendent techno from the master Surgeon.
- The Advisory Circle fast forwards/rewinds to the 80's.
- Sparkling EPs on Sun Araw’s Sun Ark label from Aylu and Air Traffic Control Quartet.
- Mark Van Hoen disc on Touch inspired by tour mates and Edgar Allen Poe.
- Hellvete harmonium double disc droners on Morc.
- Actress x London Contemporary Orchestra synergy.
- Jlin, Lanark Artefax and Kelly Lee Owens remix Björk on “Slug Genitalia” coloured vinyl. We shit you not. Who even knew slugs had little winkies and fannies?!?!
- Drag City vinyl editions of Rafael Toral’s first two classic guitar-bient albums.
- ‘Present At The Terminal’ tape on Modern Aviation incl. Teresa Winter, Jon Brooks, Dalham, Moon Wiring Club, The Hardy Tree etc.
- Ben Vince sax appeal feat. Mica Levi, Rupert Clervaux, Merlin Nova, Valentina Magaletti, and Cam Deas!
- Dolo Percussion (aka Maxmillion Dunbar) and J. Albert bum movers on The Trilogy Tapes.
- Oto Hiax/Loops Haunt chap Scott Gordon treats piano harp and electric guitar.
- More beautifully presented Klaus Schulze archive gear on One Way Static
- Beaming Feon Optimo Music Disco Plate.
- First ever vinyl edition of Lorad Group obscurity. Library/jazz/ambient type gear for fans of the Music From Memory label.
- EP of techno club tackle from Anna on the rebooted NovaMute.
- EP of psychotropic Ø [Phase] action and Inigo Kennedy melodic bangers on Token.
- Lush La Contra Ola - Synth Wave And Post Punk From Spain 1980-86 compilation 2LP on Bongo Joe.
- Coupla old Nurse With Wound albums remastered by Andrew Liles, bundled on 2CD.
- Twelve inches; Anthony Naples limited job on ANS, Morah on brokntoys, Posatronix reissue on Direct Beat Classics, Levon Vincent on Novel Sound.
- Albums from The Future Sound Of London, Riccardo Schirò, Beta Librae, Dub Taylor.
Random noise bursts...
- Fecked Up whet whistles with a couple of dead obscure covers.
- More The Stroppies economical song junk.
- Prince covers Sinead O ‘Connor.
- Liam Gallagher has all he needs. Children all over the place.
- All this week’s Restocks and Warehouse Finds.
- Loads of Staff Reviews from our minions.
- CHEAP! Krayon Records.
- Further Cheap things!
Remember it’s a Bank Holiday in the UK so please do not expect us to attend work on Monday. We’ll catch up with things on Tuesday though. Honestly.
Words: Clint and Ant.
Work: Kim, Jamie, Benn, Robin, Daoud, Phil, Nathon and ‘cats’.
Customer Compliment of the Week:
“Not a scratch on it!”
Here are our Feefo reviews. On the whole, they are ok.