Actually what a week! Loads of good new records out and some classy re-issues too. Sunshine outside and Robin has done something to my chair which means it is even more comfortable. Good times ahead.
- Top notch Aussie songstress Courtney Barnett
- Jazzy, proggy folk from the ever mutating Ryley Walker.
- Scottish folk troupe Modern Studies.
- Half Man Half Biscuit. The only reason I’ve come to work this week.
- Really really good harp player Mary Lattimore.
- One big sitting from GAS.
- Stephen Malkmus is back and he’s brought some Jicks along for the ride.
- That Goat 7” in all the colours. Who ever heard of a purple flame?
- The latest Thesis project.
- Classy folky mysticism from The Left Outsides.
- Spider Jazz. The music from an ace superhero cartoon.
- New The Brian Jonestown Massacre 10” with a track each from their upcoming records.
- Quiet Slang strip down to their underpants/cellos.
- Loads of The Breeders re-issues including our favourite ‘Pod’.
- A slew of classic-era Wire re-issues.
- New wave post punkers Suburban Lawns.
Did You Miss?
Limited numbers of the special edition Beach House LP and Arctic Monkeys records from last week. Actually who are we kidding? There’s loads of the latter. But if you listen to it properly you may well want to buy it.
- Everything New In so far.
- All our recent Re-stocks.
- Leftover RSD tat. Actually no! Some good stuff - Courtney Barnett, Car Seat Headrest, Yung Wu etc.
That’s it for now. I’m off to go and sit on the roundabout in the middle of the ring road and eat a brie sandwich. See you Thursday.
Team Norman x