Tuesday Update Featuring The National, New Order, Stella Donnelly, Foals, Sophia and more...
Plus Jim O’Rourke & Not Waving, Morton Subotnick, Meat Puppets, Flight of the Conchords, William Basinski. And a bunch of fresh reductions - 15% off! And another slew of hand-picked pre-orders. Phew.
- STOP PRESS! New one from The National - and it comes in all sorts of colours!
- Take a look at our Top 50 hand-picked pre-orders.
- Three (count 'em) Sophia re-issues.
- 15% off loads of things from February.
Gah, the very minute we are about to press ‘send’ a new album by The National gets announced. It was under lock and key until 4pm, so we’re a little later than usual this week - sorry about that. There are all kinds of other good things too this week, which we have detailed below. Many are currently being piped up a concrete chute to our stockroom where flying drones will ship them out to your doorstep. Let’s see what takes your fancy.
- EB The Younger is the singer from Midlake. Not the first one but the second one.
- Stella Donnelly is going to be very popular indeed. See if we are wrong.
- William Basinski is such a nice man. And he makes nice music. Nice.
- Foals are here to save the entire planet, universe and everything.
- I’ve just written Dave on my notes…what do I mean? Maybe this?
- Flight of the Conchords. A band even funnier than Slaves.
- You’ve had Idles. Now have some really necessary Vital Idles.
- Jim O’Rourke and Not Waving collab on Diagonal.
- Meat Puppets are one of the few bands who have long hair and are also good.
- Weller. Cover featuring a really useful and revealing side view of his hair.
- Loads of New Order stuff due including the super duper Movement re-issue.
- Boards of Canada’s ‘Hi Scores’ re-issued for the 1124568986479th time.
- Kate Bush pops all her B sides etc onto a four CD set. Just for you.
- Townes Van Zandt gets some acoustic recordings re-issued.
- Morton Subotnick milestone ‘Silver Apples of the Moon’.
- Time to re-live the swooning and emotional mid-paced indie of The Antlers.
- Everything New In?
- Even more pre-orders?
- All our (many, many) re-stocks?
- Maybe our revamped News & Reviews section (now featuring all staff reviews as they come in)?
That’s your lot for now. See you on Thursday.