The new Pye Corner Audio is landing, and as you will have heard by now you can buy it with an EXCLUSIVE Norman Records/Pye Corner Audio tote bag. Waaaaay better than your usual flimsy tote bags...and they smell lovely too.
Sorry, our error. Sleaford Mods ‘Eton Alive’ is next week, not this. Can you wait just a bit longer? Hope so. It will be worth it.
Did you check out our new Weekend Recap? All the best bits of the previous week in one place. Published every Saturday if we remember.
“Up there with Rough Trade I reckon”. Phil’s take on XL Recordings, about whom we’ve written our latest Label Watch.
Here we are again, happy as can be. And with just two weeks to Pancake Day we’re getting ready for some serious pan burning with the latest batch of whatever it is we sell. Music…some of it is nice, and some of it is unlistenable. Choose which from the latest set of things soon to be fired out of a cannon from our man-creche.
- Pye Corner Audio. Everything you could possible want. Audio, corners and pye….
- Czarface faces his greatest challenge yet, the unstoppable GHOSTFACE (Killah).
- Just like Boy George and Culture Club, Tarnation are now Paula Frazer and Tarnation
- Piroshka. Sure to get 9/10 in Silver Surfers magazine.
- 90s pop squeakers Bis are back.
- Ladytron. Both artist and title named after same Roxy Music song. Coincidence?
- Dungaree fleeing lo-fi guy Homeshake
- Australian art rock lot Methyl Ethyl.
- Chicago Odense Ensemble are members of Causa Sui playing with members of Tortoise.
- Long-term Leeds rattlers Bilge Pump.
- Six By Seven won’t ever give up.
- Pinegrove. Mmmmm...pine fresh Americana.
- Gemma Ray. She’ll be coming out of the mountain.
- Dutch ambient bods The Chi Factory.
- The Hold Steady. Springsteen-ish rock with lots of tittle tattle about people on the scene.
- I actually got told to switch Scottish post punkers Josef K off the stereo the other day. I mean who would do that?
- New week, new David Bowie re-issues.
- Kankyō Ongaku: Japanese Ambient, Environmental & New Age Music 1980-1990.
- Nice Valentine’s Day story: Barbara Howard’s album flopped but she fell in love with the label owner. Ahhhh.
Everything else new in is here. We’re back on Valentine’s Day. It’ll be a special update for all you lovers out there, for sure.