Tuesday Update Featuring The Lemonheads, Bob Mould, Cosey Fanni Tutti, Panda Bear...
Jessica Pratt, Mercury Rev, Gnod, Cass McCombs, Hauschka, Prince and - yes! - Razorlight. Plus the latest Label Watch - this time featuring the sun-dappled gods and goddesses of Mexican Summer.
- MEXICAN SUMMER. Not just a new Label Watch for your avid consumption, but an exclusive compilation LP and we’ve even reduced some key bits of their back catalogue for you.
- PRE-ORDER: Sleaford Mods ‘Eton Alive’. Pink vinyl German pressing for all you collectors out there.
- Did you check out our new Weekend Recap? All the best bits of the previous week in one place. Published every Saturday if we remember / you lot like it.
- Robin’s bit on Constellation. Appears to be popular with the masses.
OK, there’s a really big week ahead so we’d better get on with it.
- Bob Mould makes a really upbeat happy album. All thoughts of ‘Black Sheets of Rain’ firmly diminished.
- Gnod. OK it’s not quite Gnod but two of them is more than enough.
- You wait years for a new The Lemonheads album and all you get is this covers LP.
- Jessica Pratt. Not a prat at all. Rather good in fact.
- Cosey Fanni Tutti makes new music to go with tell-all book.
- International Teachers of Pop are confident.
- Mercury Rev have covered a Bobbie Gentry album in its entirety. No, we don’t know why either.
- Master songcraft person Cass McCombs.
- Panda Bear. We all love Buoys.
- Xiu Xiu still causing utter mayhem.
- Grizzled songwriter Michael Chapman.
- Hauschka on Sony Classical now. Ooph look at him!
- Power rock from Yak.
- Craven Faults - it’s finally here!
- Crazy post-punk Scottish stuff from Nyah Fearties. You’ll like this.
- Metronomy from back when they were only marginally less curly.
- For such stoners, Sleep don’t half work hard at re-issuing their classic album over and over again.
- Mike Cooper. Another really weathered Mike to file alongside Chapman.
- Prince. The size of five Subway sandwiches (joke stolen from internet).
- Once enormous, now erased-from-history rockers Razorlight.
That’s probably about it for today. Full fat version on Thursday.