- Rochdale favourites Autechre return with an 11-track left-turn of sweeping ambient & futuristic electronics.
- DEUTSCHE ELEKTRONISCHE MUSIK 4. Alright, no need to shout. The fourth instalment of German early electronic & experimental rock from Soul Jazz lands this week.
- RSD Drop 2. Here’s what we’ve got left from Record Store Day’s second drop. Includes records from Mew, Thurston Moore, Snapped Ankles & Robbie Basho.
- Hand-Picked Pre-Orders. Ft. Jane Weaver, Aesop Rock, David Boulter, The Bug ft. Dis Fig & more...
- First solo album from The National’s wine spilling crooner Matt Berninger. Interestingly, it’s been produced by Booker T. Jones.
- Concretism’s woozy electronic score to the hauntological sci-fi animation Dick and Stewart is here to delight & spook.
- Here’s the last of a pair from indie label Polytechnic Youth of Gabe Knox’s kosmische synth explorations & Polytechnic Sound Archive’s horror influenced library score.
- Open Mike Eagle. Personally, this is one of my most anticipated hip hop releases of the year.
- Kevin Morby returns with his sixth solo work of indie & psych inspired folk rock.
- The Surprise Chef Dinked’s are long gone, however there’s still a chance to get your hands on Aussie jazzy-funk goodness.
- Consistently great angsty post-hardcore lot Touché Amoré are back with one of their best.
- Goldmund returns with his gorgeous impressionism, minimalism & ambient influenced classical.
- Mastodon. B-sides, covers & rarities collection from the hairy sludge/prog metal lot. Includes covers of Feist & Flaming Lips.
- Geordie lefty punky poppers Milky Wimpshake have a new’un oot.
- Sparks fly in this new record from experimental songwriter Eartheater. On PAN.
- Bill Callahan’s ‘America!’ gets reworked into new shapes by Batongo Ditongo.
- Memory Drawings release an album of classically-tinged post-rock complete with a bonus disc of remixes.
- Kiwi genre-blending indie outfit The Phoenix Foundation are joined by Nadia Reid & Hollie Fullbrook on their latest.
- Hyph11E x Kode9. The head-splitting producer from China makes a monster & gets it remixed by the Hyperdub head honcho.
- Beverly Glenn-Copeland. Charmingly put together set ft. liner notes from Blood Orange.
- The ever prolific & creative David Toop lands on Room40 with a new record.
- Rising indie songwriter Beabadoobee releases her anticipated debut.
- Quebec songwriter Helena Deland’s first album mixes dream pop with indie, ambient & art pop.
- Punk misfits The Damned revisit a few goth-tainted records for a 4-track EP.
- Brit cellist Oliver Coates opts for striking strings & noisy synths on his latest.
- French psych-poppers The Limiñanas return with a new EP, complete with an Unloved remix.
- Mathieu Gabry & Christine Ott collaborate as Snowdrops on this record of classical & ambient.
- Dunedin noise rock heavies The Dead C step into the Unknowns.
- Dangerw*nk’s debut of playful electronica features many a track title to chortle at.
- There’s a new pair of limited clear records out on 12k from Christopher Bissonnette & Minamo & Moskitoo.
- Deluxe edition reissue from Icelandic Takks evaders Sigur Rós.
- Chet Baker. Vocal jazz classic which includes a CD ft. the complete album & ten bonus tracks.
- First time on wax for this collaboration between nu-jazz pianist Alfa Mist & vocalist Emmavie.
- Serge Gainsbourg. Yeah he was, wasn’t he?
- KMD. Controversial rap classic for the MF DOOM completists & fans of underground hip hop/jazz rap.
- Six By Seven. Why is six scared of seven?
- Psychedelic drones meet grainy industrial noise on this incredible Yellow Swans compilation.
- I Am The Center. VA box set compilation of heavenly new age from Light In The Attic.
- New mix & sleeve design for this ‘94 favourite from Muslimgauze.
- Top-tier reversions of Wu-Tang related cuts from funky soulsters El Michels Affair.
- La Locura de Machuca 1975-1980. Slightly unsettling sleeve here on this compilation of African psych cuts.
- Loscil. We gave this tranquil ambient piece a 9/10 back in’t day.
- Wonder if Porridge Radio have sampled the double starch delight of a Wigan Kebab…
- Small reissue for bass music/electronic producer Bass Clef.
- Sun Ra & His Outer Space Arkestra. First ever reissue for this fiery avant-jazz favourite.
Follow our Norman Socials: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Spotify.
Sun Ra & His Outer Space Arkestra
Polytechnic Sound Archive