- This season’s guitar-music-saviours return with album number two. Order a copy of the album by midnight on July 30th for a chance to win a pressing signed by Fontaines D.C. themselves!
- The Advisory Circle’s 2018 album saw them move their interest in music from the 70s to the 80s. It’s now being reissued on what can only be described as ‘special’ gold vinyl
- Hand-Picked Pre-Orders. Ft. The Wytches, Max Richter, Catherine Christer Hennix, Big L & more...
- Look, I know Ebi Soda are from Brighton but that’s not going to stop me from mentioning the London Jazz Scene.
- Sven Wunder is definitely a case of nominative determinism.
- I had to double check the latest The Psychedelic Furs was in fact ‘new music’. It is!
- Land Of Talk confront a life lived under the weight of harassment and assault.
- Photay wants us all to take a minute, and breathe.
- Without a festival circuit this summer we’ll just have to make do with new Disclosure vinyl.
- Friends, I thought you should know there is a dog on the cover of Madeline Kenney’s Wye Oak assisted third album.
- Mike Polizze makes a graceful transition from noisey noise to charming folk.
- Having drawn on influences from around the world, this time Romare is exploring closer to *ahem* ‘Home’.
- Electronica producer Rival Consoles finds influence in Györgi Ligeti’s graphic scores.
- Daniel Blumberg continues the path that has seen him go from NME darling to Cafe Oto regular.
- Max Richter is a piano guy but he rates voices.
- The Nix feat. Laetitia Sadier. Yes, it’s THAT Laetitia Sadier.
- Damo Suzuki is at it again and this time he’s got noise-rockers Mugstar enabling him.
- John Carpenter has a skeleton just like the rest of us.
- ‘First Cow’ is Kelly Reichardt's latest film for the achingly trendy A24. It’s got a William Tyler soundtrack and everything.
- As his career has wore on Caribou’s music has needed less work to become dancefloor weapons. Here’s two remixes from Four Tet and Morgan Geist anyway.
- I’m sorry Emma-Jean Thackray, but I simply must mention the London Jazz Scene again.
- I get to mention Wye Oak again too! Ecstatic experimentations on Hot Pink(!) vinyl.
- Sly & The Family Drone are back again with more noise and drone and such. Always a pleasure to see that name.
- Hot new Mancunian band The Goa Express sound a bit like Norman Favs Spacemen 3.
- Taylor Deupree and Federico Durand link up as This Valley Of Old Mountains for the wonderful 12k.
- Jerskin Fendrix is mates with black midi AND Black Country, New World so probably has a Mercury nominated album in him.
Follow our Norman Socials: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Spotify.
This Valley Of Old Mountains
Philip Glass and Robert Wilson
The Nix feat. Laetitia Sadier
Stan Getz and João Gilberto