- Crack Cloud’s debut of fidgety post-punk takes the Album of the Week accolade this time around.
- Mary Lattimore takes the 60th spot for Dinked Edition with a gorgeous album inspired by the Cornish coast, produced by Slowdive’s Neil Halstead.
- Plenty of Spacemen 3 & Spiritualized limited colour cuts have arrived for your minds & ears.
- Weekly Playlist. Spotify & YouTube host the week’s Update related audio delights.
- The unmistakable sounds of Protomartyr are here once again to satisfy many a post-punk fan.
- JARV IS emerges from Beyond The Pale, armed with a great backing band & decent set of tunes.
- If all that Jarvis wasn’t enough, there’s also the latest edition of Electronic Sound.
- Featuring two expansive long tracks, the latest double single from black midi is basically an EP.
- The Dinked’s of The Blinders’ latest may have sold out, but there’s still the clear vinyl left.
- And who could forget dear Ratboys?
- Debut album from ex-Polvo members Silver Scrolls is here.
- Zombi are back with a space rock heavy new’un, complete with the scariest possible album title EVER.
- Limited to 250 copies for this poppy post-punk/new wave influenced record from Kelley Stoltz.
- Two members of Touché Amoré form Entry, bringing the best bits of punk, hardcore & d-beat together.
- Don’t tell him Pike. Nick Lowe is back with a limited EP.
- Cinematic soul meets hard-hitting funk on this single from El Michels Affair ft. The Shacks.
- The Texas Gentlemen. The fold-out sleeve reveals a snakes & ladders style boardgame. Nice.
- Yaeji makes it rain once again with a party ready, dance music mash-up mixtape.
- UK soul singer Lianne La Havas is back & bigger & better than ever. Ace Radiohead cover too.
- No Age never disappoint if you’re after some noisy, immediate guitar punk-pop.
- Suns out, Mummise Guns out. Stoner noise rock record ft. Pigsx7 & Luminous Bodies members.
- Ripley Johnson country-fries Wooden Shjips’ psych sound up on Rose City Band’s new chiller.
- Spice, spice baby. Member of Cali hardcore group Ceremony mash up the sounds of Jawbreaker, Fugazi et al on their debut.
- Samantha Crain’s music & back-story moved Lucy Rose so much she set up her own label to release this.
- Kaleidoscope. Soul Jazz pluck the best bits from the London jazz scene with this 3LP comp.
- Speaking of UK jazz, Zara McFarlane is back on Giles Peterson’s Brownswood with a new LP.
- Plenty of limited-edition CDs & records have just landed from Time Released Sound
- Slowdive have not only just reissued their debut, they’ve announced ‘Pygmalion’ is returning to wax too.
- Considered a long lost album for years, the second David Bowie’s Tin Machine project finally gets a reissue.
- Mega Wave Orchestra. Sought-after Swiss psych-jazz-experimental private press.
- Depeche Mode. Reach out & touch box set...
- Very limited expanded reissue with extras from no wave pioneers Jody Harris / Robert Quine of Contortions & Voidods.
- Quickly repressed by popular demand, guitarist Bhajan Bhoy takes us on a nice kraut-psych trip.
- Jessica Curry’s gorgeous score to ‘Dear Esther’, the game where you get to explore a remote Scottish island, returns on limited clear wax.
- Austin Wintory. Score to the game ‘Erica’, which is free on PSN right now.
- Jens Lekman & Annika Norlin’s collaboration sorta worked like a pen pal project.
- Giant Sand. Does their name mean lots of sand or just a big grain of it?
- Three Oasis reissues have landed this week.
- Snazzy colourful vinyl to match Anaal Nathrakh’s colourful & breezy sound…
- Oneness of Juju. Over a decade's worth of jazz, funk & Afrobeat has been compiled.
- Slowcore group Idaho celebrate the first ever vinyl release for this one.
- Haphazard outsider pop from cult Zappa favourites The Shaggs.
- Little Axe aka Skip McDonald gets a shedload of his catalogue brought back to wax.
- Toots & The Maytals’ equally great follow-up to the legendary ‘Funky Kingston’ is here.
- What’s cooler than being cool? Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers!
Ant’s Electronic Round Up
- Deliciously Mysterious soundworlds from GRM bossman Kassel Jaeger.
- Joyous, sublime deep techno/house from Shinichi Atobe on DDS.
- Vicious, piercing, brutalist industrial-strength dub/bass/noise assault from Finland’s Luke Lund on Ohm Resistance.
- Steady flowing, suspended in time Farfisa organ ambient from Bing & Ruth on 4AD.
- Huerco S's West Mineral Ltd. label unleashes a frenzied racket curveball from virtualdemonlaxative. Edition 200 copies!
- DJ Chengz mixtape on Nyege Nyege Tapes showcasing St. Lucia’s hi-NRG “Dennery Segment” sound. Fire emoji x3.
- Transcendent Persian Tombak drumming and complimentary electricity shaping from Mohammad Reza Mortazavi & Burnt Friedman.
- Kaleidoscopic pop leaning album from Arca, bursting with relentless creativity and sounding at times like the mutant spawn of Aphex and SOPHIE.
- Tape of blistering, braincell decimating electronix from UKAEA.
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price. Try us.
- Free Shipping. UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints. Sign up for an account and start saving literally pennies.
- There’s always our Forever Sale to wade through.
Words: Ant & Tom.
Work: Ian, Tom R., Nathon, Phil, Jamie, Will, Daoud, Sam, Ant, Tom H. & Fred.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...