If you've noticed we've been quiet on social media today then you'll probably know all about #TheShowMustBePaused by now. We weren't going to send this email either, but we figured there isn't much point pausing a single email that goes to thousands of people when our automated systems will still be sending thousands of emails to individuals anyway.
Whatever you think of the merits of campaigns like this, we hope you'll take at least some time to reflect today. We have made a donation to Black Cultural Archives but there are many other deserving charities doing their bit to support communities and raise awareness. Please consider donating to them.
- Competition. Rolling Blackouts C.F.’s anticipated new album is here & we’ve got a test pressing up for grabs! Simply pre-order a before Thursday at midnight for a chance to win the ultra rare prize.
- Sonic Boom aka Spacemen 3’s Peter Kember unleashes his first solo record in 30 years.
- Thee MVPs. We’ve just landed ourselves a handful more of the Dinked variant of Leeds’ garage psych group’s debut! Includes a colour vinyl, slipmat, had-numbered insert & more.
- Hand-Picked Pre-Orders. Ft. Soulwax, PJ Harvey, Nihiloxica, Laura Marling, Pub & more...
- Paul Banks of Interpol, The Walkmen’s Matt Barrick & Bonny Light Horseman’s Josh Kaufman team up as Muzz for an album of dark & soulful art rock.
- Hinds shake off the ramshackle lo-fi of previous records for a more widescreen sound.
- Noisy garage poppers No Age tell goons where to stick it.
- No fuss, no mess, just pure impact. Sunderland post-punks Roxy Girls are back with a mini-LP.
- Jockstrap are back on Warp for their second EP of left-field electronic pop.
- Roly Porter sounds like a big band leader or early bluesman but he’s in Vex’d & plays dark ambient.
- Firm Norman favourites Vanishing Twin return with a limited 4-track single of summery psych.
- SOHN are joined by a 54-piece orchestra for this live record.
- The ambitious concept of stoner doomsters Vinum Sabbathi’s new’un even bleeds into its vinyl packaging.
- Celebrated folkie Brigid Mae Power is back with her third.
- Modern Nature return with their ornate & intricate take on psych folk.
- Hotly tipped songwriter Westerman releases his debut of dreamy art pop. Fans of Arthur Russell may dig.
- Amnesia Scanner land back on PAN for some grizzly industrial influenced club cuts.
- Sam Dust of Late of the Pier returns as LA Priest for a dose of wonky pop.
- Pamplona based indie quartet Melenas with a slice of melodic garage-psych.
- ‘Im’up’t’bloodytree’ poppers & 70s dessert lovers Blancmange with their twelfth.
- Sessa steps out from Garotas Suecas with an album of Brazilian pop, psych & trippy jazz.
- The Stroppies return with their ragged & jangly indie sound.
- Palestinian electronic duo Zenobia issue their first album of Dabke jams.
- Grumbling Fur man & in-demand multi-instrumentalist Daniel O'Sullivan returns with a slab of psych.
- High Rise’s Munehiro Narita is on top form on this live record of psychedelic speed goodness.
- Colin Stetson pens a soundtrack for a wacky Nicolas Cage sci-fi romp.
- Upbeat indie post-punks Sports Team unleash their debut. Now on limited orange vinyl.
- Following a couple Wu-Tang cover albums, El Michels Affair are back with gritty funk originals.
- John Frusciante’s Trickfinger blends acid house with ambient techno & more.
- Erik Hall recreates a Steve Reich classic piece by piece.
- Iron Mountain Analogue Research present two country compilations ‘Hillbillies In Hell’ & ‘Troubled Troubadours’.
- The Blue Nile issue ‘High’ on vinyl for the very first time, plus the CD contains tonnes of extras.
- Slept-on Britpoppers Longpigs featuring Crispin Hunt & Richard Hawley reissue a favourite.
- Hendrix’s only album with the Gypys is renowned as a live classic for good reason.
- Kali Malone. One of the most in-demand drone albums of recent years gets a repress.
- Ruddy hell, it’s Soft Cell! Early cut on limited-edition clear wax from the synth-pop favourites.
- Celebrate 40 years of proggy synths with electronic whiz Harald Grosskopf.
- Anderson .Paak’s backing group Free Nationals play an upbeat funk, jazz & soul combo.
- Legendary & hugely influential cut of extreme metal from Swiss lords Hellhammer.
- New Zealand indie outfit The Phoenix Foundation recruited Connan Mockasin for this one.
- Sleeper. Elon Musk isn’t the only one going to space this week.
- The Soundtrack Of Our Lives. The fourth album from the acclaimed Swedes gets a deluxe reissue.
- French black metallers Blut Aus Nord reissue 3 albums on colour wax.
- Black Sabbath. Triple LP of the Sab Four on top form, playing mostly classic 70s stuff.
- Ambient producer Biosphere reissues a 2006 favourite.
- Sought-after cut of psych-electronic-prog from Cybotron.
- Loops & jazzy grooves define this release of experimental electronic from Giuseppe Ielasi.