- Our Album of the Week has been awarded to Brummie vintage electronica group Plone & their first album in over two decades. Retro-futuristic synth twiddling at its most playful & finest.
- Studio Ghibli are bringing the ‘Princess Mononoke’ score to vinyl for the first time! Order the image, symphonic and soundtrack import editions here.
- Hot of the presses on this one, as our Most Popular Lockdown Albums feature is here!
- Some tasty records from Bing & Ruth, Einstürzende Neubauten & indie supergroup Muzz have been announced recently.
- Our staff-selected Weekly Playlist has just arrived over on Spotify & Youtube.
- EOB. Radiohead’s Ed O’Brien is sounding remarkably upbeat on his debut of psych, dance, folk & South American music.
- Black metal meets krautrock, psych & post-rock on Oranssi Pazuzu’s latest. Stunning yet terrifying stuff!
- Shabbazz Palaces return to Sub Pop with their cosmic hip hop sound. Blue vinyl is a first pressing only.
- Eclectic & electric art pop debut from the soon-to-be-huge Rina Sawayama.
- Bo Ningen bring their noisy psych-kraut down a notch with dreamier sounds & a Foodman remix. Bo selecta.
- Belgian vibraphone player Els Vandeweyer releases her debut of left-field jazz/experimental music.
- Porto’s Stereoboy release their second of shoegaze, dream pop & industrial rock on very limited colour wax.
- Funk, bass, beats & trip hop from acclaimed producer & turntablist RJD2.
- Primo stuff from the minimalist kiwi post-punks. FFO Young Marble Giants & The Chills.
- Jarboe’s back with her thirty-third studio record. Phwoar.
- Gerry Cinnamon. The hugely successful songwriter returns.
- Sixth album from metalcore group Enter Shikari.
- Collision of hypnotic synths, kraut & psych on Die Wilde Jagd’s new’un.
- All sorts of weird & wonderful folk & psych rock mix on Finnish group Hexvessel’s latest.
- Elbow strip things down at this rarely intimate live show at Manchester’s Ritz venue.
- Instrumental hip hop producer Free The Robots releases his exotic flavoured 2019 record on wax.
- New SONIKKU album on Bella Union. I’d love to know what on earth that top is.
- Tasty compilation of Spiritual Jazz from Danish label SteepleChase.
- The Mystery Of The Bulgarian Voices ft. Lisa Gerrard. The Dead Can Dance vocalist matches perfectly with the legendary choir.
- Prince fans take note, as there’s a load of live reissues about.
- Ian Willson’s sought-after private press record gets a wider release.
- Art Brut. Top of the pops!
- A rare cut of ambient & new age from Yumiko Morioka gets the reissue treatment.
- Caspar Brötzmann Massaker. This one should be an easy n nice listen for ya.
- Wiz Khalifa. The man behind such classics as ‘The Stoners EP’ brings out a fan-fave cut on wax.
- Aidan Moffat of Arab Strap’s night-time project Nyx Nótt gets repressed by popular demand.
- Summery, jazzy loungey pop classic from Japanese group Piper.
- The Durutti Column. ‘Vini Reilly’ reissued alongside a bonus live album.
- Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble rejoice, as this one has finally landed on physical.
- Kungens Män. Repress of heavy-psych & fuzzy prog.
Ant’s Electronic Round Up
- Mind frazzling drum & bass science jazzers from dgoHn. Like Photek meets Source Direct and Squarepusher.
- Crikey, I’m gonna need a hip replacement after groovin’ to DJ Python and his contagious reggaeton/dembow/dancehall snakers.
- Limited hand-stamped white label Mystery artist 12” on Ninja Tune. Edition of 200.
- Ben Bondy + Exael tranquilizers on Huerco S’ West Mineral Ltd. Limited copies!
- Audio/photographic project from Margins (Daniel Crossley & Craig Tattersall of The Humble Bee, The Boats) probing the fragility of life. Edition of 100 copies.
- Clear vinyl MMXX 12" EP series on Matière Mémoire from John Duncan, Franck Vigroux, CM Von Hausswolff, Daniel Menche and Reinier Van Houdt. Editions of 500 copies with laser engraved artwork on side B, incl. art print.
- Hazy, blurry, foggy dubbed out ambient from Barn Owl chap Evan Caminiti.
- Ultra chill vinyl edition of 'Annual Flowers In Color' from Imaginary Softwoods aka psychonaut John Elliott of Emeralds, Outer Space et al.
- Coupla new mixes of Floating Points ‘Bias’ on Ninja Tune.
- Sound In Silence serve up blissed ambient from Endless Melancholy and Halftribe.
- High grade, brain dissecting zoners from Felix Kubin / Ditterich von Euler-Donnersperg.
- Nature reclaims the earth in Hodge's vision of the future. Right on!
- Seahawks turn in some cosmic tropical library music for the legendary KPM series.
- Laurel Halo soundtracks 'Possessed'.
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price. Try us.
- Free Shipping. UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints. Sign up for an account and start saving literally pennies.
- There’s always our Forever Sale to wade through.
Words: Ant & Tom.
Work: Ian, Tom R., Nathon, Phil, Jamie, Will, Daoud, Ant, Tom H. & Fred.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...