- Album of the Week. Algiers snatch our Album of the Week accolade with their genre-bending post-punk. More copies of this blues, experimental rock & gospel tainted corker arriving on Monday!
- Thundercat has announced a new album complete with several deluxe, limited-edition variants! All pre-orders will gain you an entry to win one of five test pressings.
- King Krule makes a welcome return with his third album ‘Man Alive!’.
- Weekly Playlist. A selection of musical delights, both new & old.
- Don’t bend, Ascend with Nottingham psych group The Cult of Dom Keller.
- All proceeds from this release from Jack Medley’s Secure Men will be given to charity.
- Keeley Forsyth’s debut of dark chamber pop was almost our Album of the Week!
- OOIOO. Weird & wonderful dubby, jazzy space rock from Yoshimi of Boredoms and co.
- Holy F marry kraut, electronics & psych on their latest record.
- 70s seminal folkie Bill Fay is back with more pastoral sounds.
- And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead. Widescreen post-hardcore from the Texan rockers.
- Pinegrove. The emos are being influenced by Americana & country now…
- Mythic Sunship find their perfect home at Dutch psych festival Roadburn.
- She’s got a Ford Courteener, which just won’t run without fuel…
- MONO’s post-rock finds a comfy place in A.A. Williams’ dream pop songwriting.
- Indie folk favourites the innocence mission will see you tomorrow.
- Geoff Barrow’s soundtrack imprint release the score to surreal drama ‘Bait’.
- Bombay Bicycle Club. Try replacing your spuds for bikes in your Bombay potatoes for a crunchy finish.
- Whyte Horses couldn’t drag me away. Star-studded psych pop loveliness.
- Fresh record from US pop star Halsey.
- If you don’t eat yer tea you won’t get any Deserta.
- Fluid Audio are back with more bespoke CD sets from offthesky & Bill Seaman.
- Lightning Bolt reissue their debut with a full-length bonus slab of wax.
- We’ve sold tonnes of this class EP from post-punks Squid so thank god for a repress!
- Here’s an unsung classic of shoegaze & post-punk from Breathless.
- The Sun Is Setting on the World. Death Is Not The End unearth some doomy & dark Greek folk cuts.
- The score to Dario Argento’s giallo classic ‘Tenebre’ lands on coloured wax.
- Leeds shoegaze legends Pale Saints reissue their debut, complete with their only Peel Session & bonus tracks.
- Three slowcore classics from Galaxie 500 are back on our shelves.
- New Orleans’ Dr. John creates a spooky, swampy atmosphere like no other.
- The Electric Prunes may have had too much to dream, but they can write garage-psych classics like this one.
- Echobelly’s Gil Norton produced Britpop classic gets a reissue.
- The Matrix score is back on wax.
- Eric Allaman’s soundtrack to cult film Elvira’s Haunted Hills is here.
Ant’s Electronic Round Up
Ant’s not here this Thursday so I’ll try my best to give you the low-down on the week’s best electronic, dance & experimental records.
- Glitch pioneer Oval eschews electronics with the organic. On limited white wax.
- SPK reissue a classic of mysterious, dark & ritualistic ambient.
- Archival release from seminal tribal ambient musician Muslimgauze.
- Industrial meets left-field pop & Arabic music on this corker courtesy of MSYLMA.
- Kate Carr unleashes some field recordings taken from a scorching London heatwave.
- worriedaboutsatan & Test Card’s latest ambient collections land on Sound In Silence.
- Murky 4-track 12’’ of techno from Forest Drive West.
- Pan American’s latest is a stripped down affair of soothing, organic ambient.
- Neil Landstrumm is back on Cocoon for a 3-track EP of late 90s rave mutations.
- Full-length LP from Bergsonist on Optimo Music.
- Spencer Adam Grady issues in one of the final releases for Patient Sounds.
- Shhhhhh…. It’s oh so quiet in ambient hero Steve Roach’s triple hit of hushed tunes.
- Mysterious producer Wayne Phoenix mixes RZA’s beats with Hyperdub grit.
- Not Waving links up with gruff-voiced grunger Mark Lanegan.
- Eluvium’s back with another slice of gorgeous ambient on Temporary Residence.
- Andy Votel compiles a collection of library music from A.R Luciani.
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price. Try us.
- Free Shipping. UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints. Sign up for an account and start saving literally pennies.
- There’s always our Forever Sale to wade through.
Words: Ant & Tom.
Work: Ian, Benn, Nathon, Phil, Jamie, Will, Daoud, Ant, Tom & Fred.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...