- Bagged one of our Christmas Exclusives yet?
- Sneak a peek at our AOTY contenders. Official list lands on 30th December.
- Win an album every month in 2020 in our Christmas Competition.
- Plus....double NormanPoints on all orders until 23rd December.
- Album of the Week. Sonar with David Torn impressed with their collaborative LP of psych, mesmerising prog, minimalism and avant-rock.
- Dinked are really treating us this week with three limited-edition titles from French psych pop group Juniore, classically inspired art rocker Douglas Dare, and London jazz scene key player Moses Boyd.
- Reduced Vinyl and CDs. We’ve added over 1000 items to our perma-sale page. That’s a hefty chunk of cash slashed from tonnes of tasty records.
- Box Sets. These bulky sets could make for the perfect Christmas gift…
- Black Friday. Keep an eye on our site and socials tomorrow from 8am for a range of tasty titles…
- This sought-after slice of psych is now back up for order in a tasty double colour variant...
- Weekly Playlist. Prime cuts, both new and old.
- Swede-Scot duo Flo & Spicey unleash their Residents meets Broadcast collage.
- Cody Noon. Reading instrumental duo release their second album of Mogwai and Slint inspired jams.
- Yoshio Ojima shapes up some proper quiet ambient.
- Tune-Yards scores one of the best dark comedies of recent memory.
- Guerilla Toss are back with a tasty looking cover and their off-the-wall dance punk sound.
- JME’s new album title will tell you exactly what his album is about…
- Former Wire cover stars clipping. take a trip to the bottom of the ocean with this futuristic EP.
- Huge Factory Communications box set of punk, post-punk, industrial and new wave.
- Bobby Blackbird. Member of a previous Album of the Week winning group Equiknoxx releases a solo EP.
- Jazzman kindly put together a couple of Spiritual Jazz compilations for us.
- Greg Foat. Folk meets jazz and funk with a little help from Binker Golding.
- Ben Frost has a couple of scores out from the acclaimed German drama ‘Dark’.
- The Flaming Lips. Live report from a band who know how to do on-stage theatrics right.
- Fresh from working with Anton Newcombe, The Liminanas unleash a couple of soundtracks.
- Nurse With Wound reckons you can play this 3LP set in any order...
- Black & white vinyl from singer-songwriter Erin Durant.
- First time on wax for Deerhoof’s ‘Holdypaws’.
- The Relict. Dream pop spin-off group of the brilliant The Clientele.
- Wake Ooloo. First time on vinyl for this The Feelies related release.
- Midlands synth-punks Late Of The Pier reissue their only album on Phantasy.
- Future Islands reissue a couple of early singles on colour/clear wax.
- The Stereolab reissues series ends with these two records on CD and expanded vinyl.
- Millionaires Fleetwood Mac turned down Glasto coz they weren’t offered enough cash. Thank God for these reissues then…
- Josephine Foster reissues a psych-folk beast.
- Seminal indie pop outfit Blueboy reissue their second.
- Mammoth box set from lo-fi indie poppers Beat Happening.
- Biting Tongues’ artefact of Manchester punk finally gets reissued!
- Finders Keepers resurrect Miquela’s classic of exotic psychedelia, folk, French pop and more.
- Dome. Experimental post-punk from Wire members and Vince Clarke.
- The Low Anthem. Has it really been ten years?
- XTC reissue their classic double album.
- Roy Montgomery. Psychedelic post-rock, ambient and folk define this classic.
- Ice-T is sponsored by Liptons now y’know?
Ant’s Electronic Round Up
- Epic 4LP/2CD on Tresor from Function, diverging into sublime psychedelic afterhours celestial deep techno/house/acid and beyond.
- Shelved Carl Michael von Hausswolff work from 2003 finally sees the light of day via ever reliable Finnish imprint Sähkö.
- Merzbow's 1996 synapse sizzler 'Pulse Demon' remastered on wax.
- Deviant, mutant wonkers from Shit & Shine on OOH-sounds.
- Shed breaks/bass/ambient and hardcore encompassing techno smashers.
- Brett Naucke modular twiddlings on Make Noise.
- Apparat remixed - head straight for the Substance mix.
- Dazzling LP from Gavilán Rayna Russom aka Black Meteoric Star etc. featuring contributions from Cosey Fanni Tutti and Peter Zummo.
- Fuzzy ambient/noise collage tape from MALK. Limited copies.
- Tape manipulations from Christoph Berg aka Field Rotation.
- Reggaeton inspired, ultimate rumpshakers from Clara! Y Maoupa.
- Cryptic industrial/ethereal pop on Opal Tapes from Ptwiggs.
- Droning Super Collider constructions from David Granström on Kali Malone and Maria W. Horn’s XKatedral label.
- A Colorful Storm pair and re-introduce a couple of old techno/minimal house tracks from Stopouts / Klon Dump.
- Fragile ambient works from Edu Comelles on Fluid Audio in typical gorgeous hand assembled artwork/packaging.
- Brutalist sound sculptures from Ecker & Meulyzer on Subtext.
- New pressing of Vatican Shadow ‘Kneel Before Religious Icons’
- Silver vinyl repress of in demand uon record on Huecos S' West Mineral Ltd.
- Ian William Craig's ‘A Turn of Breath (Extended)’ back in print.
- +++ 12”s for your dancing pleasure; F.F.O.M. (aka Marco Passarani), Theo Parrish, La Troupe, Hieroglyphic Being, Sordid Sound System, The Golden Filter, Tecture +++
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price. Try us.
- Free Shipping. UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints. Sign up for an account and start saving literally pennies.
- There’s always our Forever Sale to wade through.
Words: Ant and Tom.
Work: Ian, Benn, Nathon, Phil, Jamie, Will, Daoud, Tom & Fred.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...