- Album of the Week. Who wants to read my birth chart?
- The man who got the kids to listen to prog returns. New Floating Points available for preorder.
- Sunn O))) are back with their second album this year. Will they make it to a second chord this time?
- While we all patiently wait for more Portishead, Island have very kindly reissued Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man’s 2002 collaborative album.
Over the last few weeks we’ve had the pleasure of having Jack doing some work experience with us. We said goodbye to him on Wednesday, and wish him the best in all his future endeavours. We’ll forever be grateful for the amount of Iron Maiden he made Phil listen to.
- “Bon Iver, Bon Iver,” the woodpecker sighs.
- It’s nice to Oh Sees you again.
- What ever did Bonnie Billy do to get the nickname ‘Prince’?
- Ezra Furman NSFW. Wait a minute, I’m AT work!!
- My friends’ 5-a-side team is called Violet Femmes.
- Cat on an album cover alert!!!
- The Futureheads were described by an Instagram follower as “one of the best bands to come out of our general area”.
- Whitney (not that one) get soulful.
- Velvet Negroni is mates with Bon Iver and Kanye West and it shows.
- Meatraffle aren’t afraid to swear. I am though.
- Lana Del Rey isn’t afraid to swear either.
- Shards know the human voice is inimitable. Do you?
- Ever wondered what a Kasabian side project would sound like? No?
- There’s a must-read description on this new Parsnip LP.
- Will Yoni Wolf ever find out Why?
- I wouldn’t want to mess with a Black Belt Eagle Scout.
- R. Stevie Moore & Gary Wilson versus the St. Petersburg troll factories.
- Scottish indie pop band Spinning Coin have drawn comparisons to other Scottish indie pop bands.
- A 20 CD box set from folk music’s Kathryn Williams. Yes you read that right. 20.
- Your múm is so comprehensive she’s a 20th Anniversary reissue.
- Spacemen (count ‘em) 3. This time in so-called “Europe”.
- Sludge metal’s Melvins are calling you names behind your back.
- The price of fame is Snail Mail’s debut EP being reissued for the second time in three years.
- Riceboy might sleep but my boss can’t. Any advice Jónsi & Alex Somers?
- Do your (Sandy) Alex G homework before House of Sugar comes out.
- Yes Disco, Not Disco, three bags of weird disco sir.
- Some people might think it’s Crass to reissue four albums on the same day.
- Definitely Maybe? No, Definitely Maybe!
Ant’s Electronic Round Up
Any advice on how to make your dad feel better about his favourite industrial electronic supergroup breaking up?
- Swansong (weep) album from Throbbing Gristle’s Chris & Cosey with Factory Floor’s Nik Colk Void as Carter Tutti Void. Nothing lasts forever.
- Previously unreleased 'Chance Versus Causality' soundtrack from Cabaret Voltaire plus their '1974 - 76' compilation on wax for the first time. Both feature dreamteam early Cabs line-up of Kirk, Mallinder, Watson!
- Vatican Shadow’s 'Pakistan Military Academy' lands on wax some eight years after the OG tape. The archetypal Vatican Shadow record for sure.
- Coloured vinyl 3LP collection of Frakkur (Jónsi of Sigur Rós) tracks spanning 2000 - 2004.
- Get devoured by supreme, guttural power electronics from Pharmakon.
- No home should be without a copy of Nurse With Wound's whacked-out classic 'Soliloquy For Lilith'. 3CD reissue on Dirter now with green artwork.
- Karenn (Blawan & Pariah) delve into their archive of live slammers.
- Debut album from 303 tweakers Paranoid London with their sleazy vision of vintage Chicago acid house.
- Brothers Don & Roel Funcken aka Funckarma reboot their Quench handle for a 12" of sparkling, regal electronica on Touched Music. Pressed on clear wax with the label donating proceeds to HUG (Homes for Unwanted Greyhounds).
- Couple of LPs from Skyphone on Lost Tribe Sound blending folk instrumentation, electronics and post-rock. Both editions of 200 copies.
- Second in Keith Berry's Viable Systems series of generative ambient music.
- +++ Miles Atmospheric EP on FireScope, MR TC & Lo Kindre 12”, Scan 7 3LP on Deeptrax +++
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price. Try us.
- Free Shipping. UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints. Sign up for an account and start saving literally pennies.
- There’s always our Forever Sale to wade through.
Words: Daoud, Ant.
Work: I ‘Will’ Always (‘Ian’) Love You, Nathon, Phil, Benn, Jamie, and Jack.
Tom’s back next week.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...