- Album of the Week. It can only be Thom Yorke’s latest album ‘ANIMA’!
- Weekly Playlist. New tunes and videos over on YouTube.
- New Dinked! Comet Gain are getting their latest on blue vinyl with a bonus 7’’ courtesy of Dinked.
- The highly sought after singles box set from Welsh indie poppers The Pooh Sticks is finally getting a reissue! Avoid spending over £250 on Discogs and buy with us.
New vinyl and CDs and tapes
- The Total Rejection. Psych meets 60s garage rock, freakbeat and mod.
- Wild Billy Childish returns with more Kent based garage rock with help from CTMF.
- The Stroppies release a sure-fire hit.
- Ider. A fusion of pop and electro from a couple of housemates from London.
- Prince. The hits Prince penned for other artists, performed by the High Priest of Pop himself.
- Ash Walker. Every subgenre but the kitchen sink nu-jazz/trip hop.
- Ada Lea. Debut album from the Canadian songwriter with a difference.
- Dope. Two experimental psychedelic epics form Julian Cope and Fuck Authority.
- Minyo Crusaders. Tokyo music veterans give us some exotic funky music.
- Omar Apollo. Wide-ranging R&B/neo-soul from the Mexican-American songwriter.
- A Clash of worlds here as The Flaming Lips team up with Mick Jones.
- J. Robbins. Solo effort from the Jawbox member on the legendary Dischord records.
- Lingua Ignota ominous darkwave meets head-splitting industrial.
- Darren Hayman releases a concept album centring on astronauts.
- Joe McPhee & Paal Nilssen-Love. Free jazz freakouts from two legends.
- Brian Eno. Commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landings with this space ambient classic.
- Konami Kukeiha Club. The soundtrack to legendary video game creator Hideo Kojima’s ‘Snatcher’ has come to wax.
- Ennio Morricone does psychedelic-tinged lounge as good as his Spaghetti Western epics.
- Van Morrison. ‘Moondance’ gets the reissue treatment.
- Donovan. Psychedelic folk meets 60s pop.
- Keith Emerson & Goblin. Prog on prog.
- Crass. Second LP which includes a MASSIVE poster.
- Craven Faults burst from the country into the city with this fantastic kraut-meets-electronic EP.
- Elmer Bernstein. Brilliant soundtrack to Ghostbusters. Phil and Ian are happy about this one!
- Tommy Guerrero. Funk meets downtempo on Tommy’s ‘From the Soil to the Soul’.
- Richard Brand’s score to the ‘Bride of the Re-Animator’ comes to wax.
- Folkal Point. Hard-to-find folk classic gets a much needed reissue.
- The Cramps. Fire themed vinyl for this late career classic.
Ant’s Electronic Round Up
The best cuts from the world of electronic music:
- Siavash Amini lures us into the darkness of night with a stunning album of nocturnal, nightmarish soundscapes and cinematic avant-classical.
- Ace cassette of mind-shattering electronic music from SDEM on Opal Tapes.
- Pugilist and Forest Drive West 12” bangers on Whities Blue Series.
- Amato & Adriani aka The Hacker and Mannequin boss Alessandro Adriani go at it, featuring a cut with Cabaret Voltaire’s Stephen Mallinder.
- Legowelt revives his Gladio alias for a jackin’ house/electro LP on L.I.E.S.
- Ron Morelli - boss of aforementioned L.I.E.S. rinses the grit out of his machines and sets the dials towards inner and outer space.
- Did I mention the North Manc Beds EP on Skam last week? A corker.
- Umberto shifts away from the giallo/horror vibes and into a more original, personal and haunting sound.
- Frostbitten isolationist ambient from Line Spectrum on Glacial Movements.
- CD reissue of The Anti Group's 1994 album '4 X 12' now with a coupla Richard H. Kirk remixes.
- The Future Sound Of London 'Yage 2019' now on wax.
- Dense, eerie, percussive and droning electronix from Sâd Hu plus Oberman Knocks gets more melodic. Both on Andrea Parker's fine Aperture label.
- Antwood explores modern love via fictional character Delphi on Planet Mu.
- Black To Comm back on Thrill Jockey with a right spooker.
- Volumes 5+6 of Klaus Schulze & Pete Namlook's ‘The Dark Side Of The Moog’ series - now on vinyl.
- The sound of Durban and London fuses as Gqom meets UK funky on DJ Lag & Okzharp's EP for Hyperdub.
- Jayda G remixed by Honey Dijon, DJ Fett Burger and Dâm-Funk.
- Radish Brothers - an offshoot of Our Lady of the Flowers, feat. Rod Modell on an epic jam. Plus darkwave action from Bloom Offering. Both tape editions of 50 copies on Industrial Coast.
- +++ Davide Luciani tape on The Tapeworm, River Yarra 12” on Antinote, TV.OUT 12” on L.I.E.S. +++
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price. Try us.
- Free Shipping. UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints. Sign up for an account and start saving literally pennies.
- There’s always our Forever Sale to wade through.
Until Thursday, we’ll see you later! We’ve got a space themed Friday Jukebox tomorrow so tune into Twitter at 11am to witness our out-of-this-world playlist.
Those of you making your way to Bluedot Festival or Benicassim this weekend, enjoy!
Words: Tom, Ant.
Work: Nathon, Phil, Benn, Tom, Ian, Jamie, and Daoud.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...