- Remaining Record Store Day stuff.
- Delight in this week’s hand-picked pre-orders list including new Plaid, Shellac and unreleased Coil stuff.
Well we were hoping for a quiet week after all that Record Store Day shenanigans but no chance as we have loads more records coming in ...and some pretty big ones too. I mean about 12” by 12”, as ever, but, y’know, BIG big. Let’s take an early peek at what is coming.
- Phil still can’t work out why this Cranberries LP is selling better than their last one.
- Soak Grim Town are just three words that could be used in describing our day to day existence
- The Pearlfishers are enjoyed by none other than my dad. “Bit Beach Boys son” he said.
- Keeping the family recommendations going, the Mrs likes Mammoth Penguins.
- “...and Suzie was drinking all day on the veranda. Bobby said he’d rather go watch a show ...while I drink my beer in the Bloomington sun.” Oh look it’s Craig Finn.
- Catfish and the Bottlemen. Hard working... but rubbish.
- King Gizzard with only their first album this year. Lightweights.
- Marina. With absolutely no Diamonds at all. Like Glady Knight with no Pips.
- New single from The Fat White/Shite Family (the office is split on this).
- The Mountain Goats really do rock that indie boy grown into middle age look.
- Kevin Morby. Put that top back on at once!
- Peter Doherty & The Puta Madres. Is he still here?
- Are you very rich? Then why not buy this Thesis set of Set of 4x 10" records. Very collectable and features Chris Adams (Hood/Bracken), Simon Scott (Slowdive), Endless Melancholy and more.
- Aldous Harding has been John Parrished.
- Josefin Ohrn and band have swapped beautiful, clean Stockholm for stinking, crime-ridden London.
- Marissa Nadler & Stephen Brodsky. Winsome singer and hardcore guitar wrecker collab.
- Loads of Bjork tapes to be chewed up in your cassette player.
- Legendary BBC Radiophonic Orchestra LPs now on grey vinyl. Get in!
- Pre-death era Prince re-issued.
- Thousands of balding, northern, middle aged men on the breadline as The Wedding Present release yet another luxury re-issue.
- Everything New In?
- Even more pre-orders?
- All our (many, many) re-stocks?
- What about our Forever Sale?
Back on Thursday. Bye.