- This week’s hand-picked pre-orders.
- We take a look at all the Underrated Albums of the 1970s. The Doobies or Manhattan Transfer not included. Oh...also check out the related playlist.
- The 70s were years ago. But March 2019 ended only days ago. Here were its best records.
We’ll not mention what is happening next Saturday eh? Instead just look below at all the fine records you can enjoy instead. Many of them contain new unheard music and you’ll have them delivered to your door in time for the weekend (probably). No queues, nuffink.
- Hotly tipped Irish post punk lot Fontaines DC.
- Coloured vinyl edition from always on track post rockers Mono.
- Long running Leeds post punkers The Mekons swap Hunslet for the desert.
- ‘Once’ actor Glen Hansard classic folk and rock. Album not called the Wild Willy.
- Middle brow folk collective The Leisure Society.
- Pet Shop Boys. Still dripping with irony after all these years.
- Just give in and accept the brilliance of Odd Nosdam ok?
- Bibio. Look! His hair has been made into wonderful ribbons by whoever did the sleeve art.
- Evil Blizzard have four basses. Take that Freebass!
- Amnesia Scanner & Bill Kouligas. Ever evolving experiment is now an album.
- Wooden Shjips with excellently titled live LP.
- A couple of very limited lathe cuts from The Home Current.
- Book! Jonny Trunk’s Flexi Disc Extravaganza.
- This Cool Greenhouse 7” is amazing. RIYL: The Normal, The Fall.
- Forgot to mention this ace Ela Orleans collection last week. All her best bits compiled for the lazy listener (i.e me).
- Forlorn electronica by (alleged) former Serbian Factory worker Abul Mogard
- The Durutti Column. *Sigh* ...well we have the CD anyway.
- Silkworm’s 2002 album gets another run out.
- Fuzzy, punky early EP from now-quite-popular New Zealand lot The Beths.
- Everything New In?
- Even more pre-orders?
- All our (many, many) re-stocks?
- Maybe our revamped News & Reviews section (now featuring all staff reviews as they come in)?
- What about our Forever Sale?
So… see you Thursday? I’ll be on hols, heh. Someone else will take you through everything though so please don’t panic.