- EXCLUSIVE! We have a bunch of these Girls in Synthesis LPs. Available at no other retailer.
- Fire up Youtube and listen to/watch our Weekly Playlist.
- Cos we’re always helpful: how to clean vinyl records, how to store vinyl records and even how to repair vinyl records.
- Plus we’ve just added some of the gear you need to actually do your cleaning.
We’re so nice. Just look at us, helping you learn how to clean things and explaining what vinyl things mean. The main thing we do just for you, though, is make sure that we have lots of records for you to buy - whether they’ll end up clean or not. So read on.
New vinyl and CDs and tapes
- Idlewild have very little to say indeed.
- Weyes Blood makes an album as luxurious as the dash on a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow.
- I really like Rozi Plain’s anorak.
- Music writer Ratso releases his first album aged 70. Don’t go giving me ideas.
- London post punkers Pozi with wiry, taut post-punk. Read Will’s Pozi-tive review.
- Cowboy Flying Saucer make a tremendous splurge of The Fall, Can, Beefheart style artrock.
- Lawrence Arabia makes some mighty fine psych/kraut/orch pop.
- The Drums...what they lack in originality though they make up in....um.....um....ah I know... explanations for band member departures.
- Girls In Synthesis. “Terrorists are Gay!”
- Martha. Probably Pity Me’s finest pop punk group.
- Dream pop from Grumbling Fur clever clogs Daniel O’ Sullivan.
- The Proper Ornaments turn American jangle into Brit jangle. Like some kind of jangle Jesus.
- WH Lung do that kraut/psych rock thing you all like. Yaaaw…sorry. Excited!
- In a Priests Driven Ambulance.
- Lee Fields & The Expressions. He’s worked with at least one Womack.
- Spiral Stairs is the latest of the Pavement lads to have a midlife crisis.
- Necktr. Hot jazz from (just checking) yup...Leeds.
- Metro Crowd soundtrack that wonderful daily expedition we call the commute.
- Tyler Ramsey is one of the Band of Horses. Has beard. Natch.
- Important. Justin Wright has made some Music For Staying Warm. A neoclassical beaut.
- The 40th anniversary of The Slits debut spouts a vinyl re-issue.
- New Order’s early Movement now expanded with lots of bits and bats.
- Neil Young’s Dead Man. None more atmospheric.
- The Shamen from before they were naughty naughty very very naughty.
Ant’s Electronic Round-Up:
Somebody give that goldfinch a pair of ear muffs.
- Rephlex stalwart Bogdan Raczynski returns with some Braindance rave mentalism!
- Radiant ambient and luminescent drones from Suso Saiz on Music From Memory.
- Sticky, grime/dub infused stepping/breakbeat techno from Cressida on VOITAX.
- Detroit’s Jay Daniel fuses the city’s soul, hip hop and beatdown house heritage.
- Ultra-mellow, tranquil, utopian ambient vibes from Sonmi451 on Astral Industries.
- Intercontinental ambient tag team champions Visible Cloaks with Yoshio Ojima and Satsuki Shibano do the FRKWYS thing on RVNG Intl.
- Soundwalk Collective collage using the Jean-Luc Godard archives. Japanese import DVD + cassette on mAtter. Edition of 300 copies.
- Hallucinogenic dreamworld electronix from Mana (aka Vaghe Stelle) on Hyperdub.
- Compass style USB stick on Kate Carr’s Flaming Pines label feat. Soundwalk field recordings from Nick Luscombe, Maria Papadomanolaki and Virgilio Oliveira.
- Low Jack raids the archives of Geins’t NaiÌt and exhumes a collection of industrial works spanning 1986-1993 for his Editions Gravats label.
- Sub Rosa compile An Anthology Of Greek Experimental Electronic Music 1966-2016.
- Tresor repress Drexciya’s ‘Digital Tsunami’ 12” and Transllusion gems ‘The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate’ and ‘Mind Over Positive and Negative Dimensional Matter’.
- Multi-faceted Vtgnike LP on Nicolas Jaar’s Other People label.
- Alex Smoke returns to his old Wraetlic alias for a LP on Huntleys + Palmers.
- +++ 12”s from Robert Hood on M-Plant, Russ Gabriel on FireScope, Masalo on Rush Hour, Nathan Melja on Antinote, I-f on Viewlexx, Palms Trax on Dekmantel, Harmonious Thelonious on Midnight Shift +++
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price. Try us.
- Free Shipping. UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints. Sign up for an account and start saving literally pennies.
- There’s always our Forever Sale to wade through.
Cold again, isn’t it?
Words: Clint, Ant.
Work: Nathon, Will, Phil, Daoud, Benn, Tom, Jamie and Ever Fallen I(a)n Love
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...