Past, present and future…
- BACK IN! Got more copies of the limited edition, acidic multi-colour version last week’s Album of the Week by These New Puritans.
- BACK IN! Vinyl and CD of Talk Talk’s incredible Laughing Stock.
- Your latest pre-orders batch including new Sleaford Mods 7”
A 76 year old man dies. It tends to happen sadly but this wasn’t any 76 year old man this was Scott bloody Walker. Which other 60s pop star went on to record slapping pieces of meat together and collaborate with Sunn O? A unique artist whose influence will continue to grow following his passing no doubt.
Once again it all makes this week’s releases slightly less important but there are some good ones so read on.
- The man from UNKLE goes on ‘the road’ again.
- Leeds via the desert post-punkers The Mekons.
- Ty Segall. Now used up 87% of the world’s vinyl resources.
- Sumptuous guitar manipulator Fennesz’s first in five years.
- Disappears disappeared and became FACS.
- Prolific Texans White Denim have been going longer than you think.
- Beth Gibbons. Big performance of the Portishead lady now vinyl’d.
- Third from prosaically monikered Scottish lad C. Duncan.
- Edwyn Collins is now so far up north you’d need a plane to get to him.
- Floating Points unleash some Late Night Tales.
- Chris Cohen comes up with the week’s best backstory.
- The results of Marry Waterson & Emily Barker’s songwriting retreat.
- K Á R Y Y N. Yup we do have to write it out like that.
- Juliana Hatfield’s ‘Weird’. Particularly after doing an album of Olivia Newton John covers.
- The Underground Youth are back with another noisy rock chug.
- Beautifully sad slowcore lot Sophia have a bunch of re-issues.
- Couple of Cocteau Twins re-issues for your sunny day.
- Morton Subotnik’s legendary Silver Apples of the moon re-pressed.
- Not content with releasing an album every minute Thee Oh Sees are re-issuing their old stuff.
- That time Japan reformed but called themselves Rain Tree Crow. Essential.
- It was once one of the most sought after records but now Vashti Bunyan’s ‘Just Another Diamond Day’ gets re-issued every bloody week.
- Australian slightly gothy indie rockers The Church get their high water mark re-issued.
- Everything New In?
- Even more pre-orders?
- All our (many, many) re-stocks?
- Maybe our revamped News & Reviews section (now featuring all staff reviews as they come in)?
- Missed our big sale last Friday? What about our Forever Sale...
So…see you Thursday?