Tuesday Update Sleaford Mods, Ibibio Sound Machine, King Midas Sound, James Yorkston
Plus Julia Jacklin, Bayonne, Bilge Pump, Half Japanese, The Young Gods, a feature on Mute, and a quick rundown of the latest pre-orders to look forward to.
- Sleaford Mods ‘Eton Alive’ Here at last, on all sorts of formats.
- A new ‘Label Watch’ for you: Mute. Please read this one.
- All the Best Pre-orders for March and beyond
Oh my word we are busy bees with this week’s slab of goodness. Loads of new releases ‘neath to make your February even sweeter.
New vinyl and CDs
- Ibibio Sound Machine make something exuberant for 2019.
- James Yorkston. Turn left at the harpsichord.
- The last Bayonne album was a stunner. We like this one too - go seek.
- Julia Jacklin and her Brian Clough-influenced jumper.
- Teeth of the Sea get ready to to make you a genre-blitzing racket.
- Bvdub. Your favourite tattooed ambient guy.
- Desperate Journalist. Their name is too close to home and it’s too near the bone.
- Drenge. Labour Deputy Leader faves.
- Better Oblivion Community Center. Phoebe Bridges collabs with a much nicer man than the other one.
- New one from Mellencamp-approved singing sisters Lily & Madeleine.
- MxmJoy are the almost vowel free version of Maximum Joy.
- So that means when Maximo Park reform without some original members they could call themselves MxmmPrk.
- Outsider veterans Half Japanese…now fairly listenable.
- Swiss industrial legends The Young Gods.
- Paisley Underground veterans The Bangles, The Three O’Clock, The Dream Syndicate and Rain Parade get together like it’s 1984.
- The Claypool Lennon Delirium are the unlikely partnership of Primus bassist and John Lennon offspring.
- Bilge Pump...definitely here this week we are told.
- Plenty of Scottish music on Big Gold Dreams: A Story Of Scottish Independent Music 1977-1989
- Loads of Drexciya re-issues. Ant buys them every time.
- Your weekly The Brian Jonestown Massacre fix.
- Loads of re-issues from David Sylvian.
- And a nice 50th (!) anniversary reissue of Morton Subotnick’s classic debut.
That’s your lot. We’re off a-packin’ and a-sendin’ your records across the globe. Join us Thursday for the big lad.