- Have you pre-ordered your Pye Corner Audio album with the bonus tote bag designed by Sir Julian House? If not, do get on it.
- All your latest pre-orders since last we spoke are here.
- Our latest Label Watch focuses on the always excellent Domino Records. (With thanks to Stephen S.)
- And our last one looked at the used-to-be-more-excellent (apparently) 4AD. (With thanks to Ed T.)
- Competition. Win up to £100 worth of albums from our Albums of the Year. Just place an order of £60 or more between now and January 31st 2019. More details here: Albums of the Year 2018 - Competition.
We’re currently on 1998 staffing levels so please do excuse us this week. The lurgy has decimated our usual workforce so we’re down to bare bones doing improbable multitasking. Also, it was Phil’s birthday yesterday and he was virtually working on his own and he’d forgotten his lunch. Spare a thought, eh
Should anyone turn up to work in the next few days the following records will be here for your perusal.
- Earl Sweatshirt utilises the Ronseal Guide to Album Titles.
- Noisy shoegaze heroes Swervedriver deliver a new one….and they’ve been Rock Action’d.
- William Tyler soundtracks The Weather Channel.
- Julia Kent. Moody atmospheric cello music anyone?
- Long term post rockers Mono release more of their beauty and terror.
- The Nude Party have fun all day long, all night strong.
- Blood Red Shoes...look how airbrushed they are now.
- Jah Division are some Oneida people having fun dubbing out Joy Division songs
- Toy. The greatest psych rock band since… oh, I don’t know - the 13th Floor Elevators?
- One of Yo La Tengo’s older ones gets the re-issue thing.
- UNKLE reached no 107 on the Billboard chart you know?
- Herbie Goes Bananas! Loads of Herbie Hancock re-issues.
- The Acetone re-press is here at last so you can all stop bothering us about it.
- I used to think a Buzzcock was one of those small chimney things with mesh over it to stop birds getting in. True.
- Jefre Cantu-Ledesma’s 2016 era tape ‘In Summer’ gets a re-issue.
- Re-issue of debut Mark Stewart (the Pop Group) album.
- Re-issuing these Green River records won’t do anyone any (Mark) Arm. Scoff.
- If you liked Thom York’s ‘Suspiria’ why not compare/contrast with Goblin’s original?
Plus so many more things we are too understaffed to tell you about. Look to our New In pages for everything in so far.
That’s it. Get well soon, us.