The first proper update of the year with Actual New Records shock! Here are your headlines:
- Bunch of Discounted Classic Wax. £11.49 a pop for classic vinyl from Amy Winehouse, Sonic Youth, the La's, Beck, Nick Drake, The Cure, Public Enemy, and lots more.
- Pre-orders. It’s that time of year. Loads and loads and load of juicy pre-orders are being added to the site by our ever-busy Ant.
- Competition. Win up to £100 worth of albums from our Albums of the Year. Just place an order of £60 or more between now and January 31st 2019. More details here: Albums of the Year 2018.
Oh, and thanks to the ever-knowledgeable Jim K for writing this informative piece on all your favourite British reprobates and musical trangressives:
- From Throbbing Gristle to Skullflower: our guide to the best UK experimental underground
- Field Music and Admiral Fellow folks clash as You Tell Me. Warning: may contain flutes.
- Second from Willie Vlautin’s post Richmond Fontaine band The Delines.
- Mexican duo Lorelle Meets the Obsolete hope to make your head go pow with Low meets Broadcast experimentation.
- Ian Brown talks about First World Problems ..such as how to keep your hair really flat to your head.
- Gnod (R&D) is as you might expect an offshoot of the mighty Gnod.
- Techno’s dark alchemist Silent Servant returns.
- Mac DeMarco / Haruomi Hosono. Together at last. On 7”.
- Re-re-re-issue of Mercury Rev’s ‘Deserters Songs;’. Mmmm dessert.
- Re-press from former Chumbawamba agit prop lot Interrobangâ½
- Re-press of the other Television album.
- In at last (we think)....that Annie 12” re-press.
- 20th anniversary of the Death in Vegas album where they mostly collaborated with Scottish people.
- In thrilling news we have The Monkees greatest hits coming into stock.,
- Two nice indie-pop 7” re-issues due from East Village and The Pale Fountains.
That’s your lot for Tuesday. See you again on the day prefixed with a Thurs.