Welcome to Norman Records re-issues. This Tuesday we will round up the best of the re-issued vinyl out this week plus a small selection of future re-issues.
In other news, it’s October! Wa-hey!
- Once beautifully disastrous, now fairly assured songsmith Cat Power
- Kristin Hersh does the ‘return to form’ thing.
- Fecked Up make an all-over-the-place career high thing.
- Mythic Sunship do doom/psych but with a saxophone twist.
- The Lotus Eaters are Lucy and Rrose - two lovely ladies.
- Phosphorescent passes his CSE French exam with aplomb.
- Puce Mary is firmly advised not to eat that apple.
- Echo & the Bunnymen do a sort of new/old album... ‘improving’ tracks from their back catalogue.
- The Blood Orange album is here - on orange vinyl of course.
- Television’s ‘hilarious’ Matt Berry with an album of TV Themes you’ll remember from the ‘70s/80s. .
- Marie Davidson...goes surfin’ on a flight case.
- Swearin’...like Alvvays or Wavves but crucially no ‘v’s
- Ø and Panasonic soundtrack to 1995 era film about Mika Vaino.
- Nathan Bowles. Banjo player.
- Madeline Kenney gets ready for that 7.6 Pitchfork review.
Long column ahead….
- DJ Shadow re-issues an album Phil literally forced himself to like.
- Bloc Party back when they were quite good.
- The album that started the reassessment glut of Arthur Russell now re-issued.
- An exceptional XTC album... and a slightly less good XTC album.
- Terry re-plug their recent album in which they advise that they are...indeed...Terry.
- Japanese psych rockers Kitagaku Moyo.
- The Rutles were parodying the Beatles when Oasis were still a glint in Peggy’s eye.
- The Siddleys. They could have been as big as the Smiths you know?
- Television’s ‘Marquee Moon’ is now even better as it has more tracks.
- Trouser-dropping grungesters L7.
- 1970’s French library music from Yan Tregger.
- Rediscover Rimarimba’s DIY sounds. Private press etc.
Check out our release schedule timeline where we also miss stuff out off a list.
We think these genre guides settle things once and for all.
Here is our latest...
And all the others….
- From Big Black to Radiohead: our guide to the best Indie Rock
- From Orange Juice to Broadcast: our guide to the best Indie Pop
- From Talk Talk to Swans: our guide to the best Post-Rock
- From Can to Hookworms: our guide to the best Psychedelic Rock
- From Black Sabbath to Pig Destroyer: our guide to essential Metal
- From Neil Young to Ryley Walker: our guide to the best singer-songwriters
- From Jaws to Star Wars: Genre-Defining Soundtracks
- From Psycho to Reservoir Dogs: Decade-Defining Soundtracks
Think we’ve sorted it.
- All our recent restocks.
- We're confident we can match almost any vinyl price. Try us.
- Indies-only vinyl. All the stuff only available to nice independent retailers like us.
If anyone makes a new album by Thursday we’ll be sure to tell you about it.
Team Norman x
Choose how often you want to hear from us by going here: