- Autumn Pre-orders part 2. Like leaves falling, there’s hundreds of them.
- Latest genre guide: From Big Black to Radiohead: our guide to the best Indie Rock
Searching with a fine tooth comb to find some new records amongst the re-issues, we are happy to announce that we got some. Therefore some of the music you can buy this week is brand new so you don’t have to hear the old stuff yet again.
- Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs get set to neutralise the work of Pig Destroyer.
- The Joy Formidable are welsh.
- Staffordshire’s finest Epic45 bring us more harvest time post rock.
- Winter + Triptides get together to make some sunshine infused Tropacalia.
- Lo-fi noiseniks Wingtip Sloat make both a new album and a re-issue./ Best of all worlds.
- The Caretaker is almost finished with his descent into dementia.
- Professional idiot Father John Misty was live at Third Man.
- Leeds sleaziest synth pop duo Soft Cell wave goodbye.
- Nick Cave. Dick and the boys live in Copenhagen.
- Grunge in 2018! It’s the return of Mudhoney.
- Hiro Kone is one half of Telefon Tel Aviv
- Tim Hecker recorded in a Japanese temple. Like you do.
- Yes! Some new Danielson tunes.
- Dreamy psych pop and shoegaze from Amber Arcades.
- Rantings on small time shit time England from John Paul. Pope in and have a listen.
- Beguiling Phil-approved songstress Marissa Nadler gets a little help from famous friends.
- Noise and sludge from Exploded View.
- All three of Stereolab’s singles compilations revamped on vinyl or separate CD box set.
- The House of Love’s debut gets it’s ten billionth re-issue.
- Silver Jews re-drink their American Water.
- Goblin’s 1975 era Profondo Rosso gets the Death Waltz treatment.
- A series of increasingly ridiculously sleeved Holger Czukay re-issues.
- Sadly passed Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin’s best bits
- Thelonius Monk. Not his 1964 studio album but a live recording from a year later.
- Get Pixies ‘Come on Penguin’ and ‘Surfer Rosa’ on luxurious box set.
- All of Joe Strummer’s solo work in an enormous box.
- Previously limited live album from Spiritualized now available to all people.
- The KVB re-press their second album. Who doesn’t?
- Technical Space Composer's Crew is Holger Czukay’s ‘other’ project away from Can.
- Get all of Bikini Kill’s singles on one LP.
- The first four Tangerine Dream LPs in one easi-relax CD box set.
- John Carpenter & Alan Howarth. Enormous synth biz in Witch Mask vinyl. Collectable.
Check out our release schedule timeline where we also miss stuff out off a list.
We think these genre guides settle things once and for all.Here is our latest one for all you who miss the Melody Maker...
….and all the others.
- From Orange Juice to Broadcast: our guide to the best Indie Pop
- From Talk Talk to Swans: our guide to the best Post-Rock
- From Can to Hookworms: our guide to the best Psychedelic Rock
- From Black Sabbath to Pig Destroyer: our guide to essential Metal
- From Neil Young to Ryley Walker: our guide to the best singer-songwriters
- From Jaws to Star Wars: Genre-Defining Soundtracks
- From Psycho to Reservoir Dogs: Decade-Defining Soundtracks
- All our recent restocks.
- We're confident we can match almost any vinyl price. Try us.
- Indies-only vinyl. All the stuff only available to nice independent retailers like us.
You’re living in the past maaaan. It’s the 80s now and they are going to last forever.
Team Norman x
Choose how often you want to hear from us by going here: