Tuesday Update Thom Yorke, Spiritualized, Teleman, Deepchord, The Cardiacs, and a useful pre-orders round-up for you
Our early week look at all the exciting things due in stock such as Deepchord, Menace Beach, Karen Dalton, Spiritualized and whoever else.
- STOP PRESS! Thom Yorke’s soundtrack for ‘Suspiria’. Pink vinyl.
- Pre-order nine Anime soundtracks by Joe Hisaishi from the beloved Studio Ghibli universe.
- Latest Pre-order round-up. 50+ records you might want to future own.
- At last! This Mortal Coil re-presses.
- Finally: in stock, 3 x The Cardiacs vinyl re-issues.
Well September is here which means...loads and loads of new records, saved up by cunning record company execs who fear the summer. Have a peek at our latest Pre order Round-Up for a fuller rundown, but if you’re one of those people who can’t wait then read on…
Oooh, before we get on with the new stuff we’ve just published the first four in a series of genre guides we think you might like. They’re definitely not just pumped-up clickbait-y listicles. God no. Heaven forfend. Perish the thought. Wash out your mouth.
- From Black Sabbath to Pig Destroyer: our guide to essential Metal
- From Neil Young to Ryley Walker: our guide to the best singer-songwriters
- From Jaws to Star Wars: Genre-Defining Soundtracks
- From Psycho to Reservoir Dogs: Decade-Defining Soundtracks
More to come...stay tuned.
- Twit-busy kraut good guys BEAK.
- Sauna Youth. Brit noise experts not to be confused with similarly monikered American lot.
- Spiritualized. The most orangey thing we've ever seen. Possibly too orangey for crows.
- Shit & Shine have a whole load of ‘Chakin’ going on.
- Janet Street Porter-voiced kraut-poppers Teleman.
- Thumb-waggling Wings frontman Paul McCartney.
- Escape-ism is the latest folly from professional irritant Ian Svenonius.
- Adult. That dot is just as important as ever.
- Waxahatchee heads down the road marked ‘roots/country’.
- Alison Statton & Spike. Former Young Marble Giants chanteuse and long term pal.
- Pig Destroyer. Incendiary grindcore but just what is their problem with our snouty friends?
- Leeds noiseniks Menace Beach.
- Continual soundtracker to my lunch hour…. Deepchord.
- Luna man Dean Wareham presents his ‘Luna Demos’ for your delectation.
- Arve Henriksen. Music to accompany a ‘sound walk’ in...yup…. Hull.
- Re-press of Nick Cave’s noisy art lot Grinderman.
- Television’s Matt Berry re-issues an old one before he does the TV Themes thing.
- Loads and loads and loads of Karen Dalton in big box.
- The Durutti Column’s lovely ‘Without Mercy’ re-done.
- Doris Norton. Not in any way shape or form anything to do with veteran blooper show anchor Denis Norden.
- Which is the best Pink Floyd album. ‘The Best of Pink Floyd’ of course.
- Showaddywaddy pals Einstürzende Neubauten re-release a previous friends only LP.
I’ll wager money on having missed stuff of this list. Check out our release schedule timeline!
- All our recent restocks.
- We're confident we can match almost any vinyl price. Try us.
- Indies-only vinyl. All the stuff only available to nice independent retailers like us.
Go on then...scram! See you Thurs.
Team Norman x
Choose how often you want to hear from us by going here: