- Album of the Week. Good for crying.
- More copies in of last week’s Album of the Week by Laurel Halo.
- Phil’s not here.
- Portishead are. And they are cheap. Twice.
It’s No Parents Week at Norman Towers! Not a Phil in sight, nor a Nathon, who’s busy looking after his real babies! Party at ours; don’t spill wine on our carpet. Just kidding. We don’t have any carpets.
Minus boss and plus sun, we’re having a very nice time and hope you are too. Please either buy a record from us or take a day off ‘cos you deserve it. Those are your only options, though.
- Cult Party go everywhere with nylon strings.
- Tony Molina releases his latest 10-minute behemoth.
- Remember post-rock? Talons do.
- Remember witch house? White Ring doth.
- Phantastic Ferniture is Julia Jacklin’s new pun outlet.
- Speedy Wunderground is a wee three years old! Bless.
- The Internet is the band all the music students think they’re in.
- Israel Nash serves up Neil Young wail and Bon Iver coo.
- Bellini are Idlewild plus Preoccupations equals… wait, what?
- Interesting fact: Astronauts, Etc. is short for Astronauts, Etcetera.
- Innumerable Forms are for the death purists.
- Deaf Wish stumble around the punk.
- When will psych rock leave me alone? Lumerians won’t.
- Swarvy soothes and grooves with these jazz fusion vignettes.
- My Autumn Empire make a dream pop wonder. Probably sad.
- Say hello to Cornwall’s avant-garde: it’s Hanterhir, baby.
- Matchess heals us with dreams. Thanks pal.
- Zu93 is the stunning new portmanteau from Current 93 and Zu.
- Tomorrow Syndicate make some cosmic balm.
- Negative Scanner get right up in your sinus.
- Warp Transmission… psych… rock… and so forth.
The bloody Flaming Lips
- This Tohru Aizawa Quartet set is a forgotten opus by a bunch of uni boys.
- Can we call this Wild Nothing record an indie classic yet?
- Woah-hoh. These Lips are on fiiiiiire!
- dEUS rEISSUE tHEIR mUCH lOVED lP.
- Richard Hell was kinda like the baby boomer Julian Casablancas.
- Get that vinyl money, Migos!
- Bona Dish were from the legendary Hertfordshire scene.
- Here’s the Monument Valley II soundtrack. Great game; thank god we were all on our phones, hey?
- Couple of Masayoshi Fujita reissues for the twinkletoes amongst you.
- Fuschia get a double darned LP reissue with DVD. “The works”, as we call it.
- A load more A Certain Ratio classics vinyl’d.
- Oh please come away with ESG.
- Here’s voice-of-an-ashtray lot The Psychedelic Furs. Love that sax!
Cuter than videos of baby animals.
- White Ring just love it when we talk about them.
- O’Seis look like young grumps. 1966 style.
- Edition of 200 for this LARK nugget, as dubbed up by Andrew Weatherall.
- Jamie Lenman is friends with Frank Turner. Are you?
Ant’s Electronic Round-Up
All he needs is Kompakt and Calpol.
- Magnificent import from Jim O'Rourke. A stellar, time-dissolving ambient work. Highly recommended!
- Roland Kayn’s incredible Cybernetic Music masterpiece ‘Simultan’ reissued on Die Schachtel in a 3LP box. Edition of 400 copies - a thing of beauty. Ships next week.
- Music From Memory unearth '80s ambient works from Suso Saiz's Orquesta De Las Nubes.
- Bleeping electro-techno smasher debut EP from Lårry on Uncertainty Principle.
- When not taking fashion tips from Noel Edmonds, Ross From Friends keeps dance music in the family.
- Oneohtrix Point Never annexes his ‘Age Of’ album with 3 new trax.
- Stunning cinematic goth ambient disc on Opal Tapes from Domiziano Maselli.
- Vibrant synth ‘n’ computer music from L.A composer R. Girardin on Palto Flats.
- Alessandro Cortini in dark synth pop mode as SONOIO on Dais.
- Nurse With Wound's 1982 classic ‘Homotopy To Marie’ reissued in a deluxe metallic gatefold sleeve.
- Bone rattling EP of ‘floor burners from Randomer on Dekmantel.
- The Conservatives LP on Viewlexx aka The Parallax Corporation aka I-f and Intergalactic Gary!
- Bear Bones, Lay Low and Don't DJ split one in half. Limited 12” in hand-printed sleeve with obi strip.
- Kano’s obscure 1986 minimal synth/drone/new-age tape ‘Runes’ vinylized.
- +++ Palta & Ti EP on 12th Isle, Khotin 2LP on Pacific Rhythm, Matt Whitehead re-press on Super Rhythm Trax, LT on Rhythm Section, Shelter LP on Growing Bin +++
Money Saving Stuff
- Vinyl Price Match. We're confident we can match almost any price! Try us.
- Free Shipping! UK orders over £50 ship for free. With apols to non-UK folk.
- Normanpoints save you money! Sign up for an account and start saving.
- Cheap CDs on Dirter inc. Andrew Liles, Nurse With Wound, Cut Hands.
- Have some reduced Lost Tribe Sound titles.
Gotta go bye!
Words: Robin, Clint and Ant.
Work: Kim, Jamie, Robin, Benn, Daoud, Nathon, and Mr. Shine On.
Hapless substitute teacher: Clint.
Customer Compliment of the Week: “It's like buying records from John Inman, Charles Hawtrey and Mrs Slocombe”.
Carry on being served by us and read our Feefo reviews.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...