- Be quick and get the pink vinyl + bonus 12” version of the Unknown Mortal Orchestra LP.
- So many Julian Cope re-issues we had to put them in their own folder.
It’s the actual middle of the night while we write this…..the Bank Holiday having actually screwed everything up. Phil has gone on a once in a lifetime dream holiday to Harrogate so please bear with us whilst we work out how this Norman Records thing works.
Here’s what *should* come in this week:
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra. Soon possibly to become Well Known Mortal Orchestra.
- Island play pretty, inoffensive indie.
- Eels has plenty to growl about.
- Cosmo Sheldrake. Let’s put some pickles on.
- Daniel Avery returns after five years with good electronica.
- The Amazing are still in their pre ‘Benji’ period.
- Manic Street Preachers. The Quietus’ answer to oh I don’t know - the Beatles.
- That Jane Weaver 7”.
- Chatty lot Goat Girl.
- Still full of beans guitar mangler Thurston Moore.
- The Lucid Dream. “Aciiiiiiiid” etc.
- Buy Love ‘Forever Changes’ yet again.
- Spacemen 3. The drug people your mum warned you about.
- Toothless pop people Insecure Men get a re-press.
- Another Pere Ubu big box.
- Sarah Records rock and rollers Blueboy.
- Jan Jelinek’s ‘Loop-Finding Jazz Records’ gets a re-press after a long time.
See you Thursday if we haven’t burnt the place to the ground.