- CHEAP! Captured Tracks titles. Loads of your favourites at knockdown prices.
- Pre-order the new Polytechnic Youth and Deep Distance releases.
- Pre-order: Panda Bear, Superorganism, new Goblin plus loads of other new pre-orders.
- The first Album of the Week of this 2018!
Welcome to 2018. We’re due a good one so let’s remain positive. Not a lot of stuff going on while the music industry recovers from its Christmas hangover but read below for the latest items you can purchased from our increasingly bleak premises.
...and re-issues...and 7”s. All together again.
- Profligate releases an album of dark pop and noise on Wharf Cat.
- Lizzy Farrell does some simple and evocative pop in the manner of Liz Phair etc.
- The Gentleman Losers return with a stellar opus for fans of Bibio, Woo or Brian Eno.
- Rews are an alternative rock duo. Said with such enthusiasm.
- Sir David Bowie issues a 40th anniversary picture disc of ‘Beauty and the Beast’.
- Folk minstrel Devendra Banhart has teamed up with Shintaro Sakamoto for a split single.
Ant’s Electronic Music Round-up:
When he talks about Dalglish, he doesn't mean Kenny.
- Remarkable new work from Chris Douglas as Aclds aka Dalglish, Scald Rougish, Seaes, Rook Vallade O.S.T. etc. Edition of 200 copies on Entr’acte. Highest possible recommendation!
- Lab Rat XL aka James Stinson (Drexciya, The Other people Place etc.) eternal classic ‘Mice Or Cyborg’ wax reissued on Clone Aqua Lung.
- Negative mood music from Richard Chartier’s Pinkcourtesyphone on Room40. Also on the label, a disc from Tenniscoats guitar twanger Ueno Takashi.
- Bleak electronic pop from Profligate.
- Modular synth twiddlings from Little Movies on Wah Wah Wino. Limited edition LP in screen-printed PVC sleeve.
- Alessandro Adriani nailers on Mannequin, plus deranged electro-industrial no wave from Group A.
- Dirty and ominous techno/electro/acid from Further Reductions - the duo of Shawn (Vapauteen, 400ppm, Led er Est) and Katie O'Sullivan (Rose E Kross, ppG).
- The Cyclist gets all South American mystic on his 2LP for Hypercolour.
- Bunch of 12” action from; Charlotte de Witte on NovaMute, DJ Richard on Dial, Louis Guilliaume on Born Free, Dawit & Dolo on Future Times.
Finally, congratulations to our web lord Nathon for taking a break from coding long enough to father yet another child.
See you next week when actual things will happen.