This Week’s Stuff:
- Pre-order the new one from renowned Pavementeer Stephen Malkmus (plus Jicks) and all other latest Pre-orders….
- Please note the Chris Carter vinyl has sold out but you can pre-order the next pressing.
To anyone wondering when we're getting our new broadband put in we’re afraid that you have at least another week to wait. So sorry. One thing that has arrived after months of waiting is the Voyager Golden Record box set so you can buy it now if you want. We’ve also sold large amounts of Garbage box sets which must have everything to do with it comes with a free sheath...saves that awkward trip to the chemist for those of you into that sort of thing.
On with what we misleadingly call the ‘show’.
Loads of Easter bunnies...
- Cabbage. Pronounced Cab-arge….like Farage.
- Frankie Cosmos has a voice so high it’s akin to dog yelping at human foot on paw.
- Dead Meadow make stoner rock that’s proud to be a slog.
- Noise ‘n’ bass’s favourite grump Third Eye Foundation returns.
- Amen Dunes. Phil’s friend’s favourite band.
- Anthroprophh. The latest racket from Paul Allen (the Heads) and cohorts.
- Formed from the ashes of Disappears. These are the FACS.
- Trembling Bells get their jerkins in a folky twist.
- David Bowie was about as popular as the Voidz in his day right?
- Wet Tuna jam and jam and jam.
- Bruxa Maria / Casual Nun for when you want your psychedelia to hate you back.
- Moon Gangs is the keyboard one from Beak> being a folkloric synthlord - a mixologist of Popul Vuh and Tangerine Dream.
- Laurence Pike is the one from PVT doing drumming and sampling. “Don’t tell him”...etc.
- Hey Elbow have nothing to do with Guy Garvey and co. We repeat...nothing.
- “Like Czarface? Like MF Doom? Well then, czech this out”. That’s Tom Bench for ya.
Haggard old rabbits...
- When The Streets were good and when The Streets were a little less good.
- The Brian Jonestown Massacre’s ‘Aufghen’ was out of print sometime between June and August 2017.
- The Damned. Why aren’t people called things like Rat Scabies anymore?
- Steve Reich. One more Steve Reich in the Afternoon joke and I’m fired.
- Cindy Lee. The one from Women gets even more lo-fi.
- Everything New In so far.
- All our recent Re-stocks.
- All our Staff Reviews.
Ant’s Electronic Round-up:
Hoping for a Noyzelab memory stick to pop out of the Kinder Surprise.
- Second Woman (Turk Dietrich of Belong and Joshua Eustis of Telefon Tel Aviv) advance the techno template on Tresor.
- XOR Gate aka Gerald Donald (Drexciya, Dopplereffekt, Der Zyklus, Arpanet etc.) ventures into the world of sound art.
- Dystopian future techno where AI gets naughty from In Aeternam Vale.
- Demented, unhinged, wacko electronics from Turbo Teeth. A big tip for folks who dig Shit & Shine.
- Speak of the devil… Shit & Shine have a proper twisted one on Rocket. 300 copies.
- Dabrye finally completes his album trilogy with a little help from Ghostface Killah, Danny Brown, Guilty Simpson etc.
- Hanno Leichtmann tape on The Tapeworm. Sounds from installations - his homage to Pearl’s SY-1 Syncussion Drum Synth.
- Dubby, minimal, ambient tinged techno from Västlänken on Höga Nord Rekords.
- Second EP of obliterated, chopped mutant hip-hop-tronix from Hanz on Tri Angle.
- Dedekind Cut refines his ambient into more graceful, serene terrain on Kranky.
- 2LP of mystical, melodic Dubstep/Grime hybrids from Aquarius on Scrub A Dub.
- Scopex 1998-2000 4x 12" set of highly desirable electro cuts on Tresor back in stock!
- Japanese synth-pop from Studio Mule featuring Miyako Kouda of Dip In The Pool.
- South American rhythms using African drums with nods to NYC post-punk/funk from Phil Kieran on Optimo Music.
We have a super-weekend ahead of us with two (count ‘em) extra days to enjoy the wind and cold. So we’ll be off tomorrow and back on Tuesday but without Phil as he’s enjoying his first holiday in 653366 days. Be nice to us!
Team Norman x
Words: Clint, Robin and Ant. Work: Kim, Jamie, Benn, Daoud, Phil, Nathon and a fan of 90s music.
Customer Compliment of the Week:
“the only email that makes me laugh”
Visit our Feefo page…. thousands don’t.
“She shat in his cornflakes”.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...