- Home Normal. Cheap promo!
- 25 more pre-orders! You lucky things.
- Customer reviews are back. Go on: trash something.
It’s half past November, and we’re rolling gleefully into the year-end festivities. First, of course, we have to arbitrarily determine what our favourite record of the year is. Thanks for all of your suggestions, even those among you who think shouting “Elbow!” at us is a thing -- you’re going to the back of the class, but you’re doing it in style. Until the big reveal, you can rest assured we’ll be yelling some new albums at you, so let’s get going. And as the old saying goes: “Remember remember… that it’s currently November”.
- Eat or be eaten by the new Godflesh record.
- Nothing’s better than being gentle and James Green knows it.
- Here are the final tunes of the late and beloved Sharon Jones.
- Sufjan and Sakamoto did a bit of this soundtrack. They likely made folks cry.
- It’s mallet mayhem on this Snow Palms record.
- We’re just in time for Record Store Day 2014.
- Causa Sui deliver more of their Two Thousand and Prog.
- Sad: Matt Berry isn’t an actual berry.
- Scent are new people who sound like 10CC.
- Euro Childs releases one on the festively named National Elf.
- Quicksand? More like slowsand, heh, because it’s been twenty-two years, see, and--
- Bitchin’ Bajas offer double the drone.
- Jazzy and complex post rock from men with chops The Breathing Effect.
- Tinnitus-fighting bliss from Good Weather for an Airstrike.
- Morrissey is bad in every way. Let him go.
- Master of Puppets is back from the deeeeead.
- Can’t wait to see Nine Inch Nails at Hullabalooza.
- You can now officially collect that worst of Tame Impala albums.
- Lovely Durutti are being kind to their friend.
- Who here needs proof that Paul McCartney was the best Beatle boy?
- Also, Queen are good.
- Moon Duo reissue their double psychedelic cratering.
- Lotsa Zappa reups -- come all ye weird and wacky.
Ant’s Electronic Round-up:
“Call Super? Buddy, it’s hard enough calling my kids downstairs for supper.”
- First-time vinyl edition of Cosey Fanni Tutti’s often overlooked 1982 ambient album ‘Time To Tell’. Remastered and pressed onto clear wax.
- A proper headwrecker from master of deranged tape mayhem Aaron Dilloway.
- The Remote Viewer collate a bunch of unreleased tracks from exhumed minidiscs.
- Limited ‘More Than Machine Remixes’ CDr on Runningonair incl. Ekoplekz, Olan Mill, Farmer Glitch, Howlround, Guy Birkin, Kemper Norton etc. Edition of 60 copies.
- An ominous walk into the woods at night with Adriano Zanni. File under: Musick to play in the dark.
- Limited techno/electro 12” from Steffi on Ostgut Ton. Featuring two cuts from her ‘World Of The Waking State’ album sessions.
- That there Daphni fellow’s new album now in on vinyl.
- Moscow’s amusingly monikered Buttechno lands on The Trilogy tapes for an EP of off-kilter techno and beyond.
- ASC and Lemna killers on Horo.
- Cavernous, ultra-deep techno minimalism from Unknown Path on Auxiliary.
- Ace Stelzer/Murray tape of eroded sound and Ekin Fil synthy soundtrack tape, both from the ever great The Helen Scarsdale Agency.
- Cassette audio document of Kate Carr’s trips up a mountain in extreme conditions.
- Radio collage split LP fun from People like Us / Porest aka Mark Gergis.
- Rare solo outing for Max Loderbauer with a super eerie EP on Marionette.
- New kid on the block Thomas9000 inaugurates Premature Recordings.
- Stunning, pure, dramatic deep house from Chez Damier.
- EP of gloriously mental EBM flavoured madness from Torn Hawk.
- Silent Servant, Kangding Ray and Cassegrain remixing Oscar Mulero bangers.
- Mall Grab housin’ it up on a hand-stamped 12” EP with Damiano Von Erckert remix.
- Hybrid, broken grooves and advanced sound design from Peter Van Hoesen.
- Third and final installment of Kölsch’s autobiographical trilogy on Kompakt.
- Grayson Gilmour LP of modern Library Music with bonus Paul Jebanasam remix.
- Bonkers LP of playful squidgy gurgling from F. Ampism.
- α Juno-2 and Fender Stratocaster droners from prolific Japanese artist Chihei Hatakeyama.
- Delsin reissue techno/electro/acid gear from the Mysterious Lost Trax.
- Mammoth rib cage rattlers from Pinch.
- Peacefrog continue to repress treasured 90’s gear with that Apogee 12” aka Dan Curtin.
- +++ Fingers Inc. / Robert Owens reissue on Alleviated, John Beltran album on De:Tuned, Dubfire w/ Dense & Pika / Adrian Sherwood Remixes and loads more cool stuff that sold out on pre-order so tough shit.
Christmas 7”s Special:
Like Tiny Tim but made of wax:
- An avalanche of 7”s make their way yonder through Snowflakes Christmas Single Club, with Bis wish you a ruined Christmas; ditto Seafang, who are embracing the misery of the season. The Liminanas are content to just make the snow a little psych.
- It’s business as usual elsewhere for slacker humbugs Mush and drum machined scrooges Sons of Raphael.
- Your regular Cheaps. Now with added new ones. Also: Home Normal bargains.
- Christmas is coming soon. People want gifts. Why not Gift Voucher them?
Cold out there. Take a sweater. Take a coat. Take a scarf.
Words: Robin, Clint and Ant. Work: Kim, Daoud, James, Benn, Phil, Nathon and Ian. Birthday: Laurie.
Customer Compliment of the Week: “The best record store which has the same name as my dad.”
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...