- Record of the Week and that there Playlist.
- Faux Discx and The Leaf Label cheap stuff.
- Your latest Best Pre-orders collection including two new Luna 7”s on Feral Child.
Like Grizzly Bear or the Two Ronnies this week the update is written in two unique voices. Actually three but Ant’s is covered in Lakker’s static. Here you go then - you know the format by now. We sell records and stuff.
Followed into the building by leaves….
- Jamila Woods is so good I’m putting her at the top.
- Liam Gallagher with just a soupcon of Simon Cadell.
- Grumpy is good -- Lina Tullgren knows.
- Drum ‘n’ bass doom metal from Bell Witch.
- Slinky blues and folk Melanie De Biasio.
- Let’s mention Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith as many times as we can.
- Overkill: Off World have six people playing electronics on their new album.
- Hey: they’re the The Replacements.
- Emotive and amorphous work from Dean Blunt and Joanne Robertson.
- Wolf Parade are back and doing slightly less well.
- Recommended: the Weather Station and Ilkley Moor.
- I’m still too young for the Wedding Present.
- Grubbs, the Grubbsmeister, Grubbsetarian….David Grubbs.
- Noisy math schematics from pOrch.
- Carla De Fano should be here tomorrow. Wait.
- Also in tomorrow two things on Polytechnic Youth.
- Seamus Fogerty: folk music’s answer to breakbeat.
- Indie rock shambolics Weaves tumble through the barricades.
- Scandalous: Wand don’t have long hair.
- It seems to me you lived your life like a band called Candles in the wind.
- Marilyn Manson features on his coat’s new album.
- More of those blue opaque Radiohead ‘OKNOTOKOK’ things.
- For the guy who keeps on asking, the Slowdive LP is back in tomorrow!
Scraping the mould off…
- Sprightly indie pop grandfathers The Orchids get a 30 year collection issued.
- They are half gentlemen and not beasts... they are Half Japanese
- Worthy singer songwriter Patrick Watson gets his old things re-issued.
Ant’s Electronic Round-Up:
Taking old rave tapes to the harvest festival.
- Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith and her synthesizers explores both inner and outer space...
- ...the good lady herself even pops up on Four Tet’s first full length in a coupla years.
- The Caretaker’s fictional depiction of early onset dementia reaches the disturbing third stage.
- Nine Inch Nail Alessandro Cortini scores his memories on ‘AVANTI’.
- NHK yx Koyxen’s album on DFA gleams, sparkles and twinkles with elegant production.
- Yair Elazar Glotman extracts new rhythms and harmonics from the minute details of piano, contrabass and percussion.
- Album of ‘Weightless’ electronics from Vancouver’s City on Rabit’s Halcyon Veil label.
- Fock Button Andrew Hung has an album of dreamy pop on Lex.
- DJ Manny leg tanglers on Teklife.
- Dub/noise/improv collective A Middle Sex on our own Public House.
- Jazzers from Detroit’s Shigeto on Ghostly.
- Pete Swanson and Jed Bindeman's Freedom To Spend label reissue Richard Horowitz’s 1981 electro-acoustic/ambient LP ‘Eros In Arabia’. Check if you dig Jon Hassell.
- Lone mixes up Casino Versus Japan, Boards of Canada, John Beltran, Gnork etc. on his ‘DJ-Kicks’ selection.
- Dark Entries reissue of proto-acid/techno/electro from Peter Weiss’ under-appreciated Hypnobeat.
- Debut album of emotive melody and harsher beat shrapnel from Berlin’s Ziúr.
- Sound art meets artificial intelligence on Yasunao Tone’s latest for Editions Mego.
- New York’s Eric Maltz has an album out on pal Levon Vincent’s Novel Sound label, fusing NYC house heritage with the sound of Berlin where he dwells.
- Chill D33J album on Anticon feat. Baths, Deradoorian, Shlohmo.
- The Quietened Cosmologists compilation on A Year In The Country feat. Magpahi, Howlround, Vic Mars, Time Attendant, Listening Center, Polypores etc.
- Bangers, slow grinders and acid from Perth Drug Legend aka Liam from Glasgow techno nutters Clouds.
- More 12” gubbins from; Lord Of The Isles, Bryte x Gafacci on Ransom Note, E Davd on Natural Sciences, Voigt & Voigt on Kompakt, Bjørn Torske & Prins Thomas on Smalltown Supersound.
- Repress action: Lory D ‘Strange Days Vol.3’, Objekt ‘Objekt #4’.
- Classic psych covers from Stay on Fruits de mer.
- Ooh lovely...the Chemistry Set have made us a ‘Nice Cuppa Tea’. 10 sugars thanks.
- Shambling localised indie from Display Homes.
Anyone want any pallets?
Robin, Clint, Ant.
Phil, Nathon, Benn, Laurie, Kim, Jamie.
Customer Compliment of the Week:
“very professional people”.
Our Feefo reviews are fibbing.
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...