- Record of the Week. 10% off til midnight tonight.
- Pre-order this new release on Clay Pipe.
- Classic vinyl for Dad Day.
This week we got more Radiohead records than you could shake a stick at ….oh and it rained. Exciting week. Let’s now take you on a trip through the myriad delights we have brought to the table for you to slather over and wish you could afford. Actually we can help with that. You do know that we offer Free Shipping on orders over £50 (UK only) don’t you? And Normanpoints - you know about that right?
The New News:
This is all the new stuff we have.
- Let’s Eat Grandma are terrifying identikit children making weird pop.
- Robin loses his mind over Mitski.
- M. Craft swapped Dalston for Joshua Tree and folk pop for exquisite piano ballads.
- Endless sludgers Swans release their final album in their current incarnation.
- Lake Ruth are Broadcast with Animal from the Muppets on drums.
- Sun Araw and zither guy Laraaji collab live in concert.
- We did have the Radiohead album but now we don’t. True story.
- Squeaky-clean slowcore and emotive synth-pop bluster from The Low Anthem
- Space rockers Landing are back for more stoned out blissful psych.
- Really great dredged up Sonic Youth being all eerie everywhere on ‘Spinhead Sessions’.
- Salford tough guy Ed Blaney ropes in drinking pal Mark E Smith.
- Glacial soft pop from former Indians guy Soren Juul.
- Weaves are a raucous, squealing band from Toronto.
- Will Butler from the Arcade Fire played live in Chicago and someone recorded it.
- Red Sleeping Beauty make twee-pop with synths.
- case/lang/veirs are the lower case triumvirate of lady singer songwriters.
- Joke: How does a collaboration between Noel Fielding and the guy from Kasabian sound? Awful!
- Yet more Star Wars merchandise in stock with John Williams ‘The Force Awakens’ hologram vinyl.
- May the Paws be with you.
- Newcastle heavies Khunnt give us an unrelenting slab of blasted, blackened stoner-psych.
- Loads and loads of fuzzy, noisy girl punk on Typical Girls.
- We forgot to mention last week that there is a new Nils Frahm, his name is Ben Lukas Boysen and he has two records out on Erased Tapes.
The Old News
These are relics from the past trying to make their way in the modern day...just like our Ian.
- Look at this BBC Radiophonic Workshop thing, it contains 21 of their most popular themes.
- Glenn Branca’s ‘Symphony No 1’ has been re-issued. Contains a baby faced Thurston Moore and Lee Ranaldo amongst the throng.
- Longform slow burning jams from 70s Addis Ababa from Hailu Mergia & Dahlak Band
- Chugging metallers Pentagram have got the treatment.
Ant’s Electronic Roundup
Representing Wales, representing techno.
- Synthesized percussion and dubby analogue tones from Beatrice Dillon and epic acid trip from Karen Gwyer on a limited split 12” for Alien Jams.
- Awesome ‘Infrastructure Facticity’ 4LP/ CD compilation inc. Rrose, Vatican Shadow, Function, Silent Servant, Steve Bicknell, Blue Hour, Post Scriptum etc.
- Biosphere ‘Patashnik’ 2LP/2CD reissue - well 90’s.
- Pure class heavyweight soundtrack drop from Mika Vainio - pump up the volume!
- Slowdiver Simon Scott disc of manipulated natural sounds on Touch.
- AnD unleash a ferocious brain pummeling EP of hard as yer gran techno on Perc Trax.
- Epic Nurse With Wound bad trip inducer ‘Dark Fat’ 2CD on Dirter.
- Robert Lippok’s ‘Open Close Open’ CD EP on Raster Noton has been vinyilzed on clear wax by raum.
- CD of blue ambient about the loss of friends (weep) from The [Law-Rah] Collective & Cinema Perdu on Raubbau.
- Megatraveller tape of lo-fi squirming acid on Central Processing Unit.
- Distorted, acidic, hard Techno EP from Blush Response on aufnahme + wiedergabe. 500 copies.
- Jaw harp twanging free/ all dancefloor tools filled second transmission from Donato Dozzy on his Spazio Disponibile label.
- Ambient tape loop action from Taylor Deupree & Marcus Fischer on 12k.
- Person of Interest nips over from L.I.E.S. to Clone Royal Oak for some steady deep house.
- Cosmic synth action from the Japanese Synth Sisters with a tribute to Aube LP.
- 20 years of James Ruskin’s Blueprint label comp on four slabs of clear wax inc. Regis, Blawan, Truss, The Fear Ratio, Lakker, Tessela, Oliver Ho, Randomer etc.
- Abrasive electronix from Jesse Osborne-Lanthier and Grischa Lichtenberger inc. Low Jack, Rabit and Gabor Lazar Remixes
- Hauntological-pastoral vibes ‘Fractures’ compilation on A Year In The Country.
- +++ Peter Van Hoesen 12” on Dekmantel, Circling Vultures 12” on L.I.E.S, Rhythmic Theory LP on Idle Hands, Kyo 12” on Posh Isolation, UNKNOT 03 12” (Sciahri and Emanuele Porcinai), tapes from DJ R Tango and Herbarium etc.
A few tiddlers….
- Huge fuzzed-out garage rock from Feral Ohms.
- Billie Martin is a silk voiced Ripon lassie making sweet folk and orchestral pop. Big up the Ripon massive!
- PYLON! There’s a PYLON single in stock.
- Straight Arrows side project the Green Bananas try to start their own dance craze.
That’s it for us. We can confirm that the result of the big football match is Norman Records 1 (Smith 82) Boomkat 0.
Words by Clint with Ant and bits stolen from Robin.
The Normanites this week were Kim, Jamie, Nathon, Phil, Ian & chief mischief maker Laurie.
Customer Compliment of the Week:
“I spend too much money there…”
Best records this week
According to our review team at least...