• The lullaby ‘Dreaming Awake’ was originally performed as a duet with circular-breathing sax titan Colin Stetson. It opens this mini album in a tense, minimal Son Lux Mix but Lux’s raw electronic treatment only draws more attention to Worden’s achingly tender vocal performance.
• ‘Dreams Don’t Look Like’ originated as silent movie music, an extract from Worden’s score for ‘The Balloonatic’ by Buster Keaton.
• ‘That Point When’, a song Worden initially arranged to sing with The Orchestra For The Next Century, defies gravity too: musically and lyrically ambiguous, majestically lighter than air.
• In the Autumn of 2014, Asthmatic Kitty Records will release My Brightest Diamond’s fourth full- length, ‘This Is My Hand’.
• “Combining brainy indie-pop with touches of art- rock and classical music, Worden’s work - and her first single in particular - radiates brilliance to match her considerable ambition.” - NPR
• Initial pressing on semi-transparent lavender vinyl.
• Features Carnegie Hall performers Khorikos.
• Includes download card.
Vinyl 12" £11.49 AKR343
Semi-transparent lavender vinyl 12" EP on Asthmatic Kitty.
TRY THESE INSTEAD?
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
- None More Than You by My Brightest Diamond
What the artist or label has to say for themselves. Read more.