* From Light In The Attic.
* Limited one-time pressing of 500 copies with homemade hand stamped labels
* Includes bonus 7” single w/ picture sleeve, featuring Sensacion Shipibo’s first recordings in 30+ years (recorded by Masstropicas)
* All LP tracks taken off of a very rare Peruvian cassette release from the mid-’80s
* Printed insert includes rare photos, liner notes, and words from lead band member Teo Laura
*LOS JHARIS DE ÑAÑA was formed in the early ‘80s by the king of the Carterra Central, guitarist Teo Laura. Their raw and unadulterated sounds would proliferate throughout the different working class districts of Lima and would eventually set a new standard amongst musicians and fans alike. This is what many people in Perú refer to when they use the word “chicha” in a musical sense; it can perhaps be best explained if you approach it with outer space in mind. We guarantee this will be quite the musical experience for the uninitiated!
* The 6 songs off of this 12" were taken off of a cassette release that you would find street vendors selling in Perú during that time period. Teo Laura is one of the great song writers of cumbia Peruana and has worked with many different groups since the early ’70s. Let the music speak for itself!
BONUS 7" INFO -
The group SENSACIÓN SHIPIBO has one of the most original and refreshing sounds to come from the Selva region in quite some time. They dubbed their brand of music “cumbia-masha” when they were still playing as LOS SHIPIS. Masha music, being from Pucallpa, is mixed with a style of Peruvian cumbia called cumbia-selvatica. This makes for a sound that is fresh and unusual even to those indigenous to the jungles of Perú.
Led by a shaman named Placido Rodriguez, the band’s sound comes straight from the soul and is unique; the ayascuha riutals they partake in before their concerts and during practices strongly influences their song-writing. They sing their songs half in Shipibo and half in Castillano, which demonstrates the dichotomy of living in Yarinacohca. It is a place surrounded by visitors from Europe and North America looking to take just a “trip” and end up taking a piece of something with them whether it be genuine or not.
SENSACIÓN SHIPIBO are as real as it gets, and they are not to be confused with the slew of “world music” acts being force-fed to hungry foreigners in the overproduced and sterile musical marketplace. These songs were actually recorded on location in Yarinacocha by Jason Gardner, Tunchi, and I in a rented-out night club plagued by a temperamental sound board (the humidity wreaked absolute havoc!) and buckets of rain.
The bottom line: This bonus 7” is contemporary cumbia from Perú and it’s just as invigorating as anything from cumbia’s past.
1. Ay Rosita
2. Mi Nuveo Amor
3. Mañanita De Sol
4. Llevame Contigo
1. Amakashin Amawe
2. Reshin Noma
We calculate your shipping costs by taking the heaviest item in your order and calculating that at the 'Heaviest Item' price. Each additional item in your order is then charged at the 'Additional Item' price.
So, because you currently don't have anything in your cart the shipping cost for Los Creadors Del Sonido De La Carretera Central by Los Jharis will be the 'Heaviest Item' price for the format you choose:
|Format||'Heaviest Item' Price||'Additional Item' Price|
Be the first to review this record.