• Rough Trade Records are excited to announce that their newest signing Howler are to release their debut album ‘America Give Up’. The full-length is the follow-up to the Minneapolis five- piece’s well-received 2011 EP ‘This One’s Different’.
• Howler is the brainchild of Jordan Gatesmith. The 19 year old picked up the guitar only 5 years ago, and learned quickly. After being the guitarist for several regionally successful projects, Jordan felt like it was time for his voice to be heard, and wanted to write and sing his own songs. He has always had a natural affinity towards early 60’s American rock and pop songs, as well as 80’s punk, he makes these influences his own.
• After starting a new band each week for about 2 months straight Howler became the clear standout, whom he describes as “an 80’s punk band cleaned up just enough so you could stick a corsage on it and take it to prom.”
• His vocals sound like a slightly twee Lux Interior, while his guitar skills remind one of Lou Reed on ‘Transformer’. Howler’s overall sound can be described as a cross between the Cramps and the Replacements, with a dash of VU.
• Jordan has since been joined by Max Petrek on keyboard, Brent Mayes on drums, and most recently the great Ian Nygaard on guitar .
Be the first to review 'America Give Up' by Howler. Best customer review each week wins a £10 voucher!