Recommended by us on 15th April 2011.
• Rough Trade Records announce the release of ‘XI Versions Of Black Noise’ by Pantha Du Prince, an album of reworkings of tracks originally on his album ‘Black Noise’, by friends and contemporaries including, amongst others, Animal Collective, Moritz Von Oswald, Four Tet, Efdemin and North American pioneer Hieroglyphic Being.
• The vinyl version features five tracks, in addition to a download voucher for all eleven tracks.
• Pantha Du Prince’s ‘Black Noise’ has been lauded as a groundbreaking, seminal album in its field. The music on Black Noise balances precariously on the slippery threshold between art and nature, between techno and folklore, which lends it a certain spectral and intangible aspect.
01. Welt Am Draht (Moritz Von Oswald Version) (06:33)
02. Welt Am Draht (Die Vogel Version) (06:37)
03. Stick To My Side (Lawrence Version) (06:46)
04. Stick To My Side (Four Tet Version) (06:47)
05. A Nomad’s Retreat (The Sight Below Version) (08:16)
06. Stick To My Side (Efdemin Version) (07:32)
07. Satellite Sniper (Hieroglphic Being Version) (08:00)
08. Stick To My Side (Carsten Jost Version) (08:21)
09. Welt Am Draht (Animal Collective Version) (06:47)
10. Lay In A Shimmer (Fata Morgana Version) (06:02)
11. Stick To My Side (Walls Version) (06:29)
Be the first to review 'V versions of Black Noise' by Pantha du Prince. Best customer review each week wins a £10 voucher!