Recommended by us on 4th March 2010.
* Fursaxa is Tara Burke. Formerly a member of the Silbreeze band UN, Tara started her Fursaxa project in 1999 after UN disbanded. Since then Fursaxa has released six full length albums on the Acid Mothers Temple label, Ecstatic Peace, Time Lag, Eclipse, Last Visible Dog, and ATP. In addition there have been 3 self released CD-Rs and a CD on the her own Sylph recordings.
* In the summer of 2008 Fursaxa started recording her seventh full length record "Mycorrhizae Realm" at Hexham Head studio in Philadelphia. This studio recording is a first, as all of the previous releases have been recorded at home on a four track.
* In addition to recording, Fursaxa has played live music at venues in the US, UK, and Europe, touring with Bardo Pond, Black Forest/Black Sea, Christina Carter, Jack Rose, Spires That in The Sunset Rise, and Black Bright Morning Light, to name a few.
* Espvall and Tara have a duo called Anahita, and Sharron Kraus and Tara have the duo Tau Emerald. And in September of 2006 Fursaxa became part of "The Valerie Project", which was a live soundtrack for the 1970 Czech film "Valerie and her Week of Wonders". Tara really enjoyed playing with these musicians and decided to engage Greg Weeks, Mary Lattimore, and Helena Espvall, all fellow Valerians, for her next album. Greg recorded the album at his studio, Mary played harp on 4 songs and also co-wrote 2 of the songs, and Helena played cello on 3 songs. It is an exercise in symbiosis.
* TRACKLIST: 1. Lunaria Exits The Blue Lodge 2. Poplar Moon 3. Celosia 4. Well Of Tuhala 5. Sunhead Bowed 6. Charlote 7. Ode To Goliards
Be the first to review 'Mycorrhizae Realm' by Fursaxa. Best customer review each week wins a £10 voucher!