Recommended by us on 18th December 2009.
* As always, Very limited pressing - likely to sell out extremely quickly!
* Foil-stamped, hand-numbered CDs.
* Features Alex withby of Decomposed Orchestra who have an album out on ATP in 2010.
* What Alex does is pretty close to musical alchemy. Carefully constructing and layering fully orchestrated pieces from deceptively simple beginnings using guitar, mandolin, cello and most importantly his voice.
* It's his voice which has always set him apart from other psych/folk explorers: wonderfully English and simultaneously otherwordly, something of his humble and extremely thoughtful nature comes through his self- harmonising and often wordless refrains. Along with a playful sense of humour you can sense something quite melancholy at its core.
* The Latitudes session with Decomposed Orchestra makes a beautiful companion piece to Alex' excellent albums on ATP - the open 'anything goes' format sees him explore much longer compositions and pushing himself in a more psychedelic / freak-out direction. This recording will no doubt serve as an important documentation of this point in the evolving opus of this incredibly talented performer and songwriter.
* Track Listing 1. Golden Dome 2. Algae Age 3. Grey Onion Total Running Time: 25:49
Be the first to review 'Grey Onion (W/ The Decomposed Orchestra)' by Alexander Tucker. Best customer review each week wins a £10 voucher!