Recommended by us on 4th September 2009.
* Brand new album from Mount Eerie. This Tomlab version contains 3 EXCLUSIVE tracks.
* For Wind’s Poem Phil Elverum (The Microphones) spent almost two years out behind the house, at the edge of the woods, listening into the night and finding these words. Songs of impermanence, dark change, destruction,
temporary blossoming, mortality, and an immense river of air tearing through the world make up the 3rd offcial album by Mount Eerie.
* A hundred kinds of distortion, oceans of synth, and clouds of bass are the elements these twelve songs are built from, with moments of clarity occasionally revealing soft harmonies (featuring Nick Krgovich from Vancouver’s NO KIDS) reverently attempting to describe a dark mystery. The album holds a large debt to the music and world of David Lynch’s Twin Peaks, as well as to some of the more innovative artists on the edges of ambient, colossal Black Metal.
* Like these influences, Wind’s Poem also drifts back and forth between a "dream world", where the wind screams about feeting existence, and reality, standing on the street, wide awake, looking at the hills outside town,
* The album is well built, resting on the stone-solid production of Mount Eerie’s only actual member, Phil Elverum, recorded at various locations around his hometown of Anacortes, Washington.
* The European edition of Wind’s Poem through Tomlab comes on double vinyl and CD with 3 exclusive tracks that are not included in the US version.
* Tracklist: 1. Wind’s Dark Poem 2. Through The Trees 3. My Heart Is Not At Peace 4. The Hidden Stone 5. Wind Speaks 6. Summons 7. the Mouth of Sky 8. Between Two Mysteries 9. Ancient Questions 10. (something) 11. Lost Wisdom pt. 2
12. Stone’s Ode
* 3 Exclusive Tracks for the Tomlab Version: Wind Lyrics, Summons (Acoustic Version), Lost Wisdom
Be the first to review 'Wind's Poem' by Mount Eerie. Best customer review each week wins a £10 voucher!