Recommended by us on 11th June 2009.
* Planet Mu has a long and distinguished record of breaking new exciting artists and new signing FaltyDL aka Drew Lustman is no exception.
* New Yorker Drew is no stranger to making music, with releases on Napalm Enema and Ramp Records, his signature style is getting him attention with plays from Mary Anne Hobbs on Radio 1. If you have had the pleasure of listening to the FaltyDL Remixes E.P (Planet Mu ZIQ231) then you might already have an idea what to expect.
* ’Love Is A Liability’ is like a glade plug-in in a room of smokers, Fresh. Post-garage ambience, round, warm melodies and skippy 2-step beats like its 1999 again. This is a nostalgic record but one that has immersed itself in the old New York and Chicago sound and created a more subtle futuristic Big Apple version mashing together influences from hip hop, dubstep, soul and electronica creating his own NYG. This former sushi chef has taken various influences and mixed them up to create his own sound.
* The opener ’Human Meadow’ is a prime example of Falty’s bouncy 2-step melody-driven style. ’The Shape To Come’ shows off his electronic infulences with Jega/U-Ziq-esque melodies whilst tracks like ’Paradise Lost’ and ’Our Loss’ show his melancholy side, with bittersweet yearnings of chopped-up vocals and bleeps.
- #2 IN THE DJ OFFICE LISTENING CHART (BETWEEN CLAUDE VON STROKE AND OPTIMO)
* 2LP A: Human Meadow Dionysos Eniua B: Encompass Winter Sole To New York C: Our Loss Truth Anxiety D: Pink On The Inside Paradise lost The Shape Has Come
cd 01 Human Meadow 02 Dionysos 03 Encompass 04 Winter Sole 05 To New York 06 The Shape To Come 07 Our Loss 08 Truth 09 Eniua 10 Anxiety 11 Pink On The Inside 12 Paradise lost 13 The Shape Has Come
Be the first to review 'Love Is A Liability' by FaltyDL. Best customer review each week wins a £10 voucher!