* THE WIRE: "IT COULD BE ARGUED THAT CHICKS ON SPEED ARE A MORE VITAL AND IMPORTANT CULTURAL ENTITY THAN, SAY, LCD SOUNDSYSTEM - AND LESS LIKELY TO SUCK UP TO THE NIKE DOLLAR TO BOOT. ALSO, ON THIS DOUBLE LENGTH OPUS, THEY’VE EMBRACED POP MORE READILY AND SUCCESSFULLY THAN BEFORE... THE SUSTAINED MOMENTUM OF THIS ALBUM IS IMPRESSIVE."
* 4/5 REVIEW IN UNCUT: "THEIR MOST ADVENTUROUS AND DIVERSE YET. THIS TIME, THE FAMILIAR DIY GRRRL-PUNK DISCO-TRASH AND NO WAVE SKRONKING COME WITH EXTRA HELPINGS OF HUMOUR, MELODY AND POLISHED POP."
* CHICKS ON SPEED’s fifth album "Cutting The Edge" features collaborations with: Whomadewho, Mark Stewart, Joe Robinson, A.L. Steiner, Kathi Glas, Anat Ben-David, Christopher Just, Fred Schneider, Gerhardt Potuznik, Patrick
Pulsinger and UK super-producer team A Scholar and Physician.
* The songs range from self-referencing pieces, like "Art Rules" and "Extended Paintbrush", full of insider information and irony, poking fun at the art world (to encourage people to be courageous and humorous) 60’s bubble gum pop "BUZZ", which is all about the lost glamour of flying, Fassbinder inspired "Black and White Diva" featuring Kiki Moorse, who departed the group 2 years ago, to persue a solo career. "Sewing Machine" came about after the Chicks found a photo of themselves in El Pais crediting them as being Kraftwerk on stage. "Vibrator" ended up sounding so B52’s-ish that the Chicks just had to call up Fred Schneider.
* For the uninitiated, Chicks On Speed are a group who met while studying at the Munich Art Academy in the late-1990s, they are credited as pioneers for bluring the lines between fashion, music, and art happenings in the tradition of Situationism and Surrealism. They’re a band, a clothing label, a record label, a design team, curators, writers, professors and a 21st-century phenomenon. Chicks on Speed have collaborated on major projects in fashion, art and music with Karl Lagerfeld, Jean Charles de Castelbajac, Douglas Gordon, Peaches, Amanda Lapore and Jeremy Scott, just to name a few.
- CD1 01. Intro02. Girl Monster 03. Art Rules 04. Art Speaks Out 05. Vibrator 06. Airport Connection 07. Buzz 08. Extended Paintbrush 09. Globo Cop 10. Sex In Der Stadt 11.Strip Song
- CD2 01. How To Build A High Heeled Shoe Guitar 02. Super Surfer Girl 03. Sewing Machine 04. Black And White Diva 05. Coolhunters 06. The Worst Band In TheWorld 07. Scream Song 08. Art Rules Christopher Just’s Hard One Intro 09. Art Rules Christopher Just’s Hard One 10.Instrometalized 11.Sarah Baker makes partying into art 12.Cutting The Edge 13.Dangerous Ones (Hidden Track)
We calculate your shipping costs by taking the heaviest item in your order and calculating that at the 'Heaviest Item' price. Each additional item in your order is then charged at the 'Additional Item' price.
So, because you currently don't have anything in your cart the shipping cost for Cutting The Edge by Chicks On Speed will be the 'Heaviest Item' price for the format you choose:
|Format||'Heaviest Item' Price||'Additional Item' Price|
Be the first to review this record.